Screen around pool

ladoladiFebruary 26, 2014

Hi,

This may not be the best forum for this question, but I'm not sure where else to ask. The screen enclosure around our pool needs to be replaced; the screen part, not the whole metal structure. We really don't have the option to get rid of it: we live in Florida and mosquito season is brutal.

We're ready to hire a company to replace the screen, but we're looking for any recommendations from folks who've already done it. Screen type? Brand? Dos and donts? Is there any kind of screen that stands up to pollen and mildew better than the rest?

Thanks for your input!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ps0303

If you could provide a city that you live in some here might be able to help you find a contractor to do this.

There are not many screen choices.

Paul
Gastek Pool & Gas Services

This post was edited by ps0303 on Sat, Mar 1, 14 at 7:28

Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 7:22AM
flowermom57

I had my pool enclosure rescreened about a year ago. The company that did mine had some good info on the screen choices, maybe that will help. I just went with their standard Phifer. They can also do the rescreen estimates online
http://www.gulfcoastaluminum.com/4-types-of-screen-every-homeowner-should-know-about-and-what-to-avoid/

Bookmark   December 6, 2014 at 11:37AM
debbie12153

I've read and heard good things about gulfcoast. I plan on using them for rescreening in the future

Bookmark   February 9, 2015 at 10:40PM
loves2read

We have house in Nokomis, FL with screened lanai. We wanted it rescreened after doing some work on the patio area to add pavers. We chose Gulf Coast Aluminum because of the price and the attitude of the person who came out to give the bid...we had some questions about best way to rescreen after having pavers laid and their advice seemed knowledgeable.

They did a horrible job--horribly inept crew to come out and replace the screws in the frameworks which we were upgrading. They probably dropped 200 screws into our pool--which was WORKING at the time. They didn't follow our request to call and schedule before coming--just showed up. Horrible follow through on the cleanup. Then when they did the rescreening there were issues as well.

They had to come out on 5 or 6 occasions to either complete replacing screws they missed, clean trash they left IN the pool out, or fix sections of the screen they messed up.

They were just about the worst people I can think of to use so I definitely would not recommend Gulf Coast Aluminum.

Bookmark   February 15, 2015 at 9:12AM
debbie12153

Thank you for your comments. I'm going to have to think about this a bit more.

Bookmark   February 15, 2015 at 1:19PM
More Discussions
Owner Builder Process - Full Backyard - San Diego
After years of research, we finally pulled the trigger...
David Peace
Need help with sealing gunite to rock, and black alge
Hey friends! I purchased a house last summer in Houston,...
Klint Turney
How to film pool build timelapse?
I've been lurking for months & finally ready to...
Wendy Baldwin
Pool resurface question
I am having my pool resurfaced and the supplies were...
lbrandt5
should pool building take this long??
I signed a contract July 19th with Mr. Carlos pools....
animallover5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™