Independent Water Test in SE Mass?

dantisOctober 14, 2011

Hi All,

I want to get my water tested by an independent lab in SE Mass. i found one, but $110 per test. Is that the goin rate? It is well water. i had test done by Kinetico before insatll, now want to verify improvement..I know, a little anal...Thank you...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
justalurker

It costs what it costs... in your are I'd think you'd have more than one certified independent lab. Check with county or state Environmental Health Departments to see if they can point you to a couple labs. Check and see if a local university provides lab services.

Check for hardness, iron, manganese, sodium, chlorides, TDS, PH bacteria, and nitrates at a minimum. You really should be checking bacteria and nitrates annually. I'd get all those tested on the water BEFORE the softener.

For softener peace of mind hardness, iron, manganese, TDS, and PH need be tested on the treated water IF there are no nitrates and/or bacteria in the raw water.

If the only lab test you had done on a well was by a softener seller then you may be surprised to see independent lab results.

Bookmark   October 14, 2011 at 9:59AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
justalurker
    Bookmark   October 14, 2011 at 10:42AM
More Discussions
corrosion seen on hot water shutoff valves
I was repairing a minor leak in the kitchen faucet...
jastrong5
LaToscana Novello Thermostatic Shower Valve
Trouble with LaToscana Novello Shower Valve- no hot...
bathroomblues1
Pulldown sprayer leaking
My Moen pulldown faucet (with Reflex Technology!) was...
ginny20
shower problem....can someone give me a clue?
My hot water plumbing JUST started acting "wonky."...
bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz
Grohe Ladylux Cafe Touch Faucet
Does anyone have this faucet, and if so, do you like...
sharon_va
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™