Aluminum or paver coping in New Jersey

SpeckledhenFebruary 29, 2012

We are in the final stages of planing for our pool, and I have a question. Does anyone have an idea of what an aluminum coping for this size pool would cost? The pool is a 16x32 vinyl and we are being quoted $3500 for the paver coping. That seems really high considering the pool itself is in the low 20k range. I'm thinking about going for the aluminum coping, and saving the money to put towards the deck. Opinions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
swimmer22

We had our pool installed 3 years ago in PA and I have the aluminum coping with paver walkway and patio area. I am satisfied and to thought the cost for paver coping was expensive. The only drawback with the aluminum is we have a solid winter safety cover and in a few places the tension ties have worn the paint from the aluminum. I just touch it up with rustoleum spray paint in the spring and all is well.

Bookmark   March 1, 2012 at 12:45PM
Speckledhen

Can I ask what the difference in price was? That's what I'm trying to figure out. My PB is really pushing the paver coping, but at about 18% of the cost of the pool, I can't really justify the expense. I'm keeping my cards close to my chest with my PB so I want to get some real world numbers before I have to negotiate with him. Thanks!

Bookmark   March 1, 2012 at 1:16PM
swimmer22

I belive the cost difference was around $4000 above the cost of the pavers. Our pool company did not do the pavers, we hired a separate landscape company to install a significant retaining wall, deck pavers, stamped concrete patio, and outdoor lighting. Our pool is 16x34 in size, steel wall, vinyl liner with walk in steps and seat/bench.

Bookmark   March 2, 2012 at 8:30AM
More Discussions
Pool builder search sugar land, tx
Hi guys! Were closing on our brand new home in sugar...
mtrade01
Is it safe to build a vinyl inground with pyrite in the soil?
I have been trying to find information about excavating...
jo229
What pump are you using?
We have a 30,000 gal gunite in ground pool with a small...
lindamarie
Please recommend a good pool builder in Southern California?
Hello, We have had a hard time finding a trust worthy...
dpautz
Pool Filter Question
Should my pool filter run 24/7 or less than that? I...
JeremyLin
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™