Vent stack arrangement

In-sani-teeOctober 16, 2012

I am remodeling my home bathroom. It is 55 years old, raised foundation, single story, California plumbing code, with cast iron waste lines. The cast iron is heavily corroded inside & out so I am replacing it with ABS. (It is easy to work in the crawl space during this remodel because I had to pull up all the floor boards due to water damage. I can easily reach all the cast iron while standing between the open joists!) The bath remodel moves the sink and shower so I can't just copy the original layout of the waste lines. The toilet is back-to-back with another toilet in the adjoining bathroom. The 3" main stack/vent is in the wall between the toilets. The two toilets will dump into the stack with a 3"x3" double sani-T. I also want to drain the sink and shower into the main stack via another double T that has 2" inlets on opposite sides. The sink is re-vented into the main 3" vent at about 40" from the floor. The shower drain will be 3 ft from the main stack so 2" pipe from the shower trap to the main vent should be good without another vent line for the shower.

Here is my question: does it matter if the sink/shower tee is above or below the toilet tee in the stack? The vertical distance between the T's will be about 8", and it is considered to be a wet vent for that 8".

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazypup

The sink/tub drains must be above the WC drains. Code prohibits any fixture arms below the WC fixture arms.

Bookmark   October 16, 2012 at 12:58PM
More Discussions
Salt-free water conditioning
Hi all, Considering installing a water softener in...
tucker_troy
fleck fusion high flow metered water softener
Our Culligan has died and we aint too heartbroken about...
vossner
Details of a new residential water service
I'm in the planning stages of replacement for my 55...
dgeist
what brand water softener
have 2400 sq ft rancher on town water. do not have...
questionoftheday
Marble shower panels valve replacement :( !!!
We have a couple of bathrooms with a single handle...
Vamsi Kodavanty
Sponsored Products
Qlocktwo Wall Clock English Version
Lightology
White Magnolia Wreath
$249.00 | FRONTGATE
Cayman Outdoor Chevron Rug - 2'3" x 7'6" Runner
Grandin Road
Lumi - Mycena Wall/Ceiling Light by Fabbian
$309.60 | Lumens
Clifton Polished Nickel One-Light Pendant with White Box Pleat Shade
$642.00 | Bellacor