Fiberglass Pool Size

wbrown609January 30, 2011

We are in the process of trying to choose a fiberglass pool to have installed. We are in the process of building the house, and the yard is large enough to accommodate pretty much any size we choose to go with. We are having a difficult time determining which pool size to get. We have narrowed it down to three models. The models can be found at this link: http://www.hatteraspools.com/products.html (Grand Buxton, Pamlico, or Grand Rodanthe) One is a rectangular pool with dimensions of 14'x32'. This is considered a medium sized pool and is priced about $4,000 less than the two larger pools. Those are a kidney shaped at 16'x38' and a rectangle shaped at 16'x37'. We have two small kids, and I am more worried about when they are teenagers than now. Is the 14'x32' pool big enough? I keep thinking that 14 feet is too narrow, but that seems to be the most common size. Does anyone with a similar sized pool wish they would have gone bigger or are you happy with that size? Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.hatteraspools.com/products.html

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beatducks

I had a fiberglass pool and yoou have to remember there is a ledge running along the bottom of the pool around the walls that comes out about a foot and is about 1.5 to 2 feet tall. My advice is to go with the biggest pool you can afford. I went with a figure 8 (free form) and it was way too small! It looked big out of the ground but once it was placed and you add two or three kids and then pool toys the pool becomes very very small. Remember you will have friends over, rafts etc so my feeling is I would rather have too big of a pool that too little.

Bookmark   February 1, 2011 at 5:47AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jerseypool

We're having a San Juan "Star Dust" fiberglass pool installed in a number of weeks. It's roughly 16' x 37'... the same size as your Grand Rodanthe and Grand Buxton. I think it'll be plenty big for our family. However, I wouldn't (personally) go with the Pamlico, as it does seem small. An inground pool is something that you want to have installed once, and you want it to be right.... not have second thoughts while bumping into people while swimming around. Spend the extra $$ if possible for one of the two larger ones.

Bookmark   February 1, 2011 at 4:12PM
More Discussions
salt or chlorine? pebble or plaster?
We have finally decided to build a pool, and have had...
lostinthewoodlands
Need new pool filter help
I don' t mind spending the money for a good pool pump...
echooooo
Basement pool - How to prepare the room?
With some slight modifications to my garage (dropping...
Alex House
Our Pool Remodel with Mr. Carlos Pools
So after much searching and many quotes from diffirent...
evepineda02
should pool building take this long??
I signed a contract July 19th with Mr. Carlos pools....
animallover5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™