VASTU Energetic Design

Annie DeighnaughApril 9, 2014

I have no idea what this is, but there will be a free talk in Ffld, CT for anyone interested on Saturday at 2pm.

Marianne Denniston, Interior Designer and Vastu Consultant will be presenting a slide show and discussion on Vastu, the Vedic Science of Architecture and Design. This
unique approach of Interior Design can transform your life, increasing prosperous and successful relationships and regenerting the balance between place, self, family and community. Bring your floor plans for a FREE Vastu analysis of your environment.

Here is a link that might be useful: Info and registration

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
NashvilleBuild42

Isn't that the Hindu religion equivalent of feng shui?

Bookmark   April 9, 2014 at 11:27AM
My3dogs

I found this online -

"Vastu, the PhD of feng Shui is the Vedic science of layout, planning and design of buildings and spaces to manage the flow of energy."

Bookmark   April 9, 2014 at 1:04PM
Annie Deighnaugh

That's what it sounds like, but I guess I'll find out for sure when I go....

Bookmark   April 9, 2014 at 7:23PM
Annie Deighnaugh

OK, so I went. Some of it sounds sensible, some of it sounds crazy. The practice is very old, but whether it is effective, I struggle with that one...

This is not really feng shui...or it's more like feng shui on steroids...this claims to be "scientific" though I'm not sure what the proof is...but theoretically our bodies are made of water and are impacted by electro-magnetic fields, so creating a home or office that's properly aligned with these forces are supposed to bring better health and more success.

It's all about energy flows through the house based on how the house is shaped and how it is positioned relative to magnetic north. There are ways to "rectify" the house if it is built not according to vastu principles by the use of stones and crystals and such, buried in the ground.

She claims to have had a lot of positive feedback, even from skeptics when it comes to vastu design, but I'm clearly in the skeptic camp.

We definitely took energy flows into consideration when we built our house...the energy flows that cost $$$ like heating and cooling...but not the prana or the chi or whatever....

She suggested I sleep with my head in the other direction to see if I sleep any better...I guess it couldn't hurt to try that one....

Bookmark   April 12, 2014 at 4:56PM
More Discussions
Do all decorative vases need flowers?
Just moved and trying to decorate new home. I bought...
eppe4
Do you like decor on the coffee table?
This relates back to our 'magazine house' discussion....
selcier
Have rounded drywall corners, do I do rounded baseboard?
We are redoing the millwork in our 1995 house. We...
akl_vdb
Help with window treatments
Hi, we put in new living room windows, and now I need...
marbelle21
Bright solid or bold print to reupholster settees?
Anyway, I bought a pair of vintage settees for my 'formal'...
sloedjinn
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™