Problem Adjusting Toilet Fill Valve

helper_2007September 15, 2010

I have a relatively new toilet fill valve (the kind that is adjustable by screwing it either clockwise or counter-clockwise). I have been trying to adjust it to add more water into the tank, but nothing happens when I screw it either way. What could I being doing wrong; it seems so simple? By the way, the reason I'm trying to add more water to the tank is because the bowl doesn't empty on the first flush, and sometimes not even on the second flush. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nod702

I never did like that type of fill valve and always replace them with a Fluidmaster valve.(about 8 bucks) Walmart even sells them. Also with the tank lid removed, flush the commode and observe if the tank empties when you flush. Often time the flapper will not stay up long enough to empty the tank. Sometimes you can adjust (shorten the chain) to make the flapper stay up longer.

Bookmark   September 16, 2010 at 5:36AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
helper_2007

Thanks nod702 for your response. I actually did adjust the chain and it does seem better for now. Sorry for the delay in answering back...got caught up doing things.

Bookmark   October 14, 2010 at 8:58PM
More Discussions
shower problem....can someone give me a clue?
My hot water plumbing JUST started acting "wonky."...
bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz
Rainfresh water filter leaks from top.
I have a Rainfresh water filter. It seems to be leaking...
gtrshop
Can we bypass old hot water heater?
Any reason we can't bypass and then remove this old...
shellking
38 ga. tank - not getting 2 hot showers?
We have just finished a renovation project that included...
ashebrook
Am I the only one bothered by this?
Since Houzz took over, these forums have become a spam-infested...
aliceinwonderland_id
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™