Pentair DE filter leaking at backwash port

nathan_kJanuary 18, 2010

I have a Pentair (Pac Fab) series 2000 DE filter with built in backwash valve that is leaking out the backwash port at a rate of 6 or 7 drops per minute. The filter is only about 7 yrs old. I disassembled completely and cleaned everything but still leaks. I assume that it is the seal on the valve. It is a Noryl rotary valve with integrated tapered seal. It was not obvious to me how to remove the valve body from the casting. Is it pressed in? I see that I can purchase the seal separately from the valve body or together as a assy. Is this something I can do myself, I'm pretty handy. Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dapooltec

The rotor comes out after you remove the handle and extension. First remove the center rod(it is threaded in)and manifold. Next remove the backwash handle,compression ring and tank. Then remove the handle extension from the rotor shaft. Pull on the rotor while turning it and it will come out. The rotor seals are tapered so make sure the line in the vertical rotor seal is on the top side. You will also want to replace the rotor shaft o ring and valve body o ring. Use only silicone grease to lube the seal and o ring.

Bookmark   January 19, 2010 at 9:09AM
rkv1

How do you get the backwash handle off the rotary shaft? I removed the bolt that goes thru the handle and the shaft, but I cannot get the handle off the shaft.
Any help would be apprciated

Bookmark   May 16, 2010 at 11:04PM
dapooltec

Spin the handle while holding the rotor and it should break loose. The hard part is getting the rotor out of the body, they make a special puller but after you remove the handle extension from the rotor shaft you can put a 2x4 under the shaft and stand on the body giving upward pressure on the rotor, if you spin the rotor at this time it will come up. Hope it makes sense.

Bookmark   May 19, 2010 at 9:19PM
More Discussions
Diamond Brite and River Rok pictures requested
I've been following this board forever, and after years...
styler32
J.L. Blodgett abandons pool project
I wanted to send along a note of caution to all members...
ctm14
Owner Builder Process - Full Backyard - San Diego
After years of research, we finally pulled the trigger...
David Peace
should pool building take this long??
I signed a contract July 19th with Mr. Carlos pools....
animallover5
Need help with sealing gunite to rock, and black alge
Hey friends! I purchased a house last summer in Houston,...
Klint Turney
Sponsored Products
English Manor Brick Red Rectangular: 5 Ft. 7 x 7 Ft. 11 Rug
$719.20 | Bellacor
Portly Peeper Squirrel Garden Statue
$9.99 | zulily
Boann 5-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System with Quick-twist Filters
Overstock.com
Design House Hathaway Centerset Lavatory Faucet - 523365
$86.99 | Hayneedle
Seda France French Tulip Toile Pagoda Candle
$34.50 | FRONTGATE