what is a corgi/chihuahua called?

monicatxNovember 7, 2006

Hi: I adopted a lovely rescue dog several months ago. She is smart, cute, loving and (slightly) overweight and we get along great. (I think she looks overweight because she is older and does not have a flat tummy, but I think she's fine they way she is. My tummy isn't flat anymore either.)

My problem is when people ask me what she is. Her adoption papers say she is a chihuahua mix. From her looks, my family and I are convinced that she is a corgi/chihuahua combination. What is that mix called? Many years ago I had a poodle/yorkie mix. He was a Yorkiepoo. So what is my current dog, TrudyRose? A Coruahua? A Chigi? Help please.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
laurief_gw

When I was growing up, mixed breed dogs were affectionately known as mutts or Heinz 57. Just tell folks she's a chi mix, one of a kind and irreplaceable. You can't get any better than that! :-)

Laurie

Bookmark   November 7, 2006 at 11:24PM
Lillie1441

Just tell them she a Heinz! LOL Most likely (unless they are seniors) they will have no idea what that is and will think she is some exotic breed.LOL I like Laurie's explaination.
Corchi,Corgiwawa.......Hoochiemamma? LOL...........Lillie

Bookmark   November 7, 2006 at 11:46PM
jenme

Poor little thing:) Just joking, but that is a strange mix!
I got to agree with lillie1441 and choose Corchi. Maybe it will be it's own breed someday! Ha!Ha! LOL

Bookmark   November 8, 2006 at 2:27AM
glaserberl

I googled a bit and according to the link he is a Chigi. They have all the combinations one can imagine and then some.
Katharina

Here is a link that might be useful: Mixed Breeds

Bookmark   November 8, 2006 at 6:22AM
kim_okla

I'd probably call her cute. I have one that I have no idea what she is so I call her a tiny Rottweiler.

Bookmark   November 8, 2006 at 10:31AM
measure_twice

some suggestions:
Max
Eddie
Leo
Sarah J. Worthington Smythe Farnsworth

Bookmark   November 8, 2006 at 3:22PM
oakleif

Hi, I've got a pug/chihuahua mix. My DD and i finally decided she had to be chipug. She's really a Cricket. i know your chigi is adorable.
vickie

Bookmark   November 9, 2006 at 6:23AM
chubby_rat

Heh! I have Min Pin/Chihuahua's....I know they're actually mutts but I call them my Pinchi pups!

Bookmark   November 9, 2006 at 1:29PM
profitbiz2101_gmail_com

Chigi

Chihuahua / Corgi Hybrid

The Chigi is not a purebred dog. It is a cross between the Chihuahua and the Corgi. The best way to determine the temperament of a mixed breed is to look up all breeds in the cross and know you can get any combination of any of the characteristics found in either breed. This hybrid cross is recognized by the American Canine Hybrid Club. Not all of these designer hybrid dogs being bred are 50% purebred to 50% purebred. It is very common for breeders to

Bookmark   December 30, 2007 at 11:40AM
monicatx

Thanks for the replies. TrudyRose is so smart it is scary. We live in a complex where dogs must be on a leash. She is on a leash when we go for our long walks. I have trained her to walk next to me when we go to get the mail, etc. so that it looks like she is on a leash. When we go in the back yard, she knows she can walk from the back porch to the back fence - about 15 feet distance- and that's ok but she must not go outside that area.

It is very amusing to watch her. If a cat walks by she just looks the other way.

Monica

Bookmark   December 30, 2007 at 5:47PM
More Discussions
Dog training human.....
I am an intermittent dog trainer. I worked hard at...
agmss15
Renal Failure In Dogs -
Hi, I took my rescued Cocker Spaniel to the vet last...
lucymarie
Help me please!
Hello everyone I need some advice! I've had my beautiful...
azuresnow
Constipated Kitty (Warning - LONG)
Hi All - I haven't been on the forum in quite awhile,...
manda3183
Cat,s ears causing misery
we adopted sweet kitty (8yrsold) just 6 wks ago. Took...
dancingirl_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™