Hand well pump question

edweatherSeptember 24, 2012

We have an old hand well pump, but the rod that connects from the handle to the plunger/leather rusted completely through. Is it just better to replace the pump or try and repair it? The company that years ago made the pump, S. Wilder is out of business. I'm sure the rod is not available anymore and would have to be custom made. I have pictures and will post if necessary. The home is in southern Connecticut. Is there a good source for a pump online or near S. CN? Thanks. Ed

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I'd repair the pump. Any half-way decent machine shop should be able to do it with no problem.

    Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 4:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Randy thanks. You're right. It's just metal. It can be replaced/remade. Just have to work on getting the piston/plunger w/the leather and flapper thingy, functioning properly.

    Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 1:45PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Sewer line disaster
originally posted on another website, but in the spirit...
Warm water mornings on cold line for 30 secs....
We have been living in a home built in 2011 (in Canada)...
Freezeless Hydrant Frozen??
Hi, I have freezeless hydrant that has never given...
LaToscana Novello Thermostatic Shower Valve
Trouble with LaToscana Novello Shower Valve- no hot...
shower problem....can someone give me a clue?
My hot water plumbing JUST started acting "wonky."...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™