Please recommend a good pool builder in Southern California?

dpautzJanuary 25, 2012

Hello,

We have had a hard time finding a trust worthy pool builder. Can anyone locally recommend a pool builder that they or family have used with good results? Sadly the review sites seem to be lacking on pool builders, Angislist is lacking (found a few, but most have no reviews). If anyone has a better suggestion for review sites please pass them on as I would love to do major homework before spend this kind of money.

We are in the San Gabriel valley between Azusa and Upland if this helps narrow down the area.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stereotypeq

We've had an overall good experience with Mr. Carlos Pools and they were the lowest bid we were able to find in SoCal. Check out our post "New Pool Build in Los Angeles" for more details than you could ever care to know. :)

Bookmark   January 25, 2012 at 8:50PM
luvh20

Blue Fountain Pools in Rancho Cucamonga...ask for Don Hubbel. Had two pools done by this company, no problems.

Bookmark   February 1, 2012 at 8:53AM
dpautz

Thanks for the leads so far. Anyone else have any advice?

Thanks!

Bookmark   February 22, 2012 at 1:55AM
luvh20

Also try GRG Pool & Spa (909) 606-6042 ask for Gary.
They remodeled a friends pool and did an awesome job.
Also do from ground up installs.
Hope this helps.

Bookmark   February 22, 2012 at 3:02PM
ShaynaHope

We are at the tail end of finishing a pool and total backyard. We could not be happier with our contractor. We were very thorough with regard to picking someone. We interviewed 10 companies, narrowed it down to 6 to give us a bid. Based upon our interviews with the 10 and our input from our architect, we came up with a "spread sheet" that was very specific (ie. pipe size, # of jets, brand names, etc) for the 6 to bid on. When the submitting back to these companies (we were only talking w/high end, very experienced after having a bad experience with a landscaping project 10 years ago)for their "final" detailed bids, only 3 chose to bid. Made me think how contractors hide things that you would never know to ask unless you really understand as much as you can about the pool process. The entire interview and final bid process took us 4 months. In the end, we are thrilled with our contracter, Dreamscapes by MGR. They have built a pool that is exactly like we dreamed. The only change orders were ones that we changed, no hidden costs. The owner and Manager of the job are professional and thorough. They have had workers here everyday and the attention to detail on the job was truly a surprise. They even powerwashed my street thoughout the job, without asking, to try and be considerate to my neighbors. I now know why pool builders charge what they do. We are at the tail end, plastering and planting is almost here. Yah!! Although I am dont think it could have gone any better, I will be glad when the mess is over. The name of the co. is Dreamscapes by MGR. The owner is Eric and please tell him Shayna sent you. Good luck.

1 Like    Bookmark   February 24, 2012 at 1:35AM
dpautz

Hello,

I just wanted to bump this and see if there are any other suggestions. We hope to start the dig within a few weeks so we can enjoy it this summer.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 9:09PM
291RPV

I also live in Southern California, Rancho Palos Verdes. This is between Long Beach and LAX Intl Airport

We are looking at reviews on the web and there really is not much out there.
Every pool builder we have contacted seem to have a bad review out there and as you know, digging a big hole in your yard is very scary.
We are doing a simple rectangular with an elevated spa-there's no bells and whistles here. And it is small-9x15 and only 4 feet deep
Has anyone had a good experience with Blue Fountain, Swan pools, Sunset pools, Allstate, Horusucky construction? I am not even going to ask about Blue Haven!! There are so many bad opinions for them. I am very adept at searching the web and have exhausted all. I was SO happy to find this site.

I have touched base with neighbors but the PBs they used have moved out of state-mostly to AZ-LOL

2nd question is what is the cost/bid you have received from them if you have used them and if used other PB, what have been your costs

PLEASE! :) Help me out here. I am going in circles
Thank you!!

Bookmark   May 29, 2012 at 1:27AM
PRO
Aqua-Link Pools and Spas

I'm not sure if you can shoot me an email or not through my profile. I'm new to posting on this forum. But I can answer your question.
Thanks

Bookmark   May 29, 2012 at 11:39PM
staceyrayray

Since there is such a good response to this question maybe someone can help me. I live in Ventura county. Simi Valley. Looking for reputable pool builder. Anyone have any recommendations? Also, when is the best time to build a pool in so cal? I wouldn't be able to start until jan/feb at the earliest. Looks like I should start doing research now thanks!

Bookmark   July 8, 2013 at 1:50PM
beuell

I am in Encino and am looking for reasonable yet trustworthy pool builder. Planning to start as soon as possible. Many if the companies mentioned above don't work in the SFV. Any other names would be much appreciated.

Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 2:13PM
lilsophie

I would recommend Paul Bogner Pools. They are in The Riverside area. They are really great. We had our pool built 25 yrs ago. Now we are getting are pool remodeled buy them as well. Great serviice.

Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 6:00PM
julieleek

What vendor did you end up using? We are in the process of getting bids right now and are trying to find the reputable builder as well. We're in Pasadena, CA. Will check out Dreamscapes based on the thoroughness & good experience that Shayna shared. I think that spreadsheet with all the specs is a great idea, but I wouldn't know where to begin. And Pools94, I was hoping to Private Message you to see if you have any recommendations, but I can't figure out how to do that on this website. I've seen the Bogner billboards, as my dad lives in Riverside, but I think Pasadena might be too far for them.

Bookmark   March 2, 2015 at 5:45PM
PRO
Aqua-Link Pools and Spas

I recommend Dave Penton of Fluid Dynamics. Not sure if he covers Pasadena but he is out of Fullerton and does a lot of work in the Hollywood Hills and other areas around there. If you want a correctly built pool he's your contractor. He won't be the cheapest but doing it properly never is. Hope that helped.

1 Like    Bookmark   March 2, 2015 at 6:53PM
julieleek

Thank you, Aqua-Link. I will call Dave Penton as part of my search. I don't want the headaches I've seen others dealing with so it's nice to hear you say he can build a pool properly.

Bookmark   March 3, 2015 at 10:39AM
PRO
Aquamatic Pool Cover Systems

I second Dave Penton of Fluid Dynamics. He makes our job easy, as it it nice to work with a professional that builds things right!

1 Like    Bookmark   March 22, 2015 at 5:40PM
malibub

Hello! We are in Pasadena, CA and also looking for reputable pool builder. Any updates on this?

1 Like    Bookmark   last Wednesday at 10:13AM
julieleek

Hi Malibub. If you're interested, let's connect offline and help each other through this process. I'm already doing this with another Pasadena resident (who are great people) and it's extremely beneficial. My email is julieleekimura@gmail.com.

Bookmark   last Wednesday at 10:21AM
malibub

k, thank you!

Bookmark   last Wednesday at 10:42AM
More Discussions
HELP!! Pool color and pricing with Pebbletec
Help please and fast!! When we started our pool I told...
tonyagrieser
Swimming laps- Design help
My wife wants to swim laps. Short of building an olympic...
jparkfire
J.L. Blodgett abandons pool project
I wanted to send along a note of caution to all members...
ctm14
Owner Builder Process - Full Backyard - San Diego
After years of research, we finally pulled the trigger...
David Peace
Small 3/4' mosaic waterline tile - mistake?
Hello, We're getting ready to sign our contract, and...
oakrunfarm
Sponsored Products
International Caravan Resin Wicker Hanging Loveseat Swing
Overstock.com
Modena Six-Light Convertible Chandelier
$327.80 | Bellacor
Couristan Everest Antique Sarouk Black Oriental Rug - 2829/5123-3.11X5.3
$159.00 | Hayneedle
Cherry Tomato Circle Rings Apothecary Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Bo Wall Sconce by Access Lighting
| Lumens