Kitchen layout - feedback?
Hi all, looking for opinions on my kitchen layout. I just finalized (I think) the roll-outs, etc. for the cabinets. The cabinets are 48." I think it might be a little hard to tell in the photo but starting from the bottom left of the kitchen there's the following:
1. HVAC space
2. French door, bottom freezer fridge, cabinet aboveÃ¢ÂÂ¦hoping to make it extend to the front of the fridge for things like large platters and vases.
3. 24" pantry - two doors that open with 4-6 pull out trays and an additional cabinet above.
4. 24" cabinets up top and a 3" spice pull-out and then 4 drawers on the bottom
5. Gas range/oven with microwave and a small cabinet above.
6. 24" cabinets up top and a 24" cabinet with two pull-out shelves for pots/pans
7. Upper and lower lazy susans in the corner cabinets
8. 18" cabinets up top and 2 pull-out trays on the bottom.
9. 36" sink with a sponge hideaway, cabinet below, and a window above.
- 24" Dishwasher on the bottom and 36" cabinets up top
- Small 9" cabinet that opens to the right (instead of the front)Ã¢ÂÂ¦used for pet supplies.
The on the island, the part that is closest to the fridge will have a little 12-bottle wine rack on the part facing the fridge with a bookshelf below. On the interior side of the island there will be a trash can pull-out in the same cabinet as the wine rack. Then in the middle there's a pull out drawer and then a cabinet with pull-out trays. Then on the other end there is a pull-out drawer and then underneath that there's a place for upright cookie sheet and cooling rack storage and then a mixer lift.
There is only 36" between the island and the fridge in that one section but it's only for a 3 foot stretch. It feels like while that little part might be tight, there'd be plenty of room in the rest of the kitchen to make up for it. I guess I might be able to move the island over to the right by a foot if necessary.
I kinda like the idea of it there because I'm short (less than 5' tall) and I feel like I could stand in front of the open fridge, pull things out, and place them directly behind me. Then close the door, and move the items to the sink or prep counter or stove, wherever they're going next. Does that make sense?