Water Softener Help

markn902September 16, 2010

Hi my house came with a "rough in" for a water softener and I am installing a new one. My question is this my water softener has a 1" male water outlet to accept water and my house has a 3/4 bypass valve installed in the "rough in" that needs copper pipe sweated into it. So I am trying to make this happen however my local hardware store really doesn't have much in the way of parts for this. I guess I need copper pipe that has a 3/4 inch fip sweat end on one side that turns into a 1" female threaded end. (if that makes any sense) or something that will accomplish what I am trying to do here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
justalurker

In order to help we need to know what brand of softener and see a picture of the softener loop you have to connect to. There may be an elegantly simple way to do what you need.

Bookmark   September 16, 2010 at 5:25PM
markn902

Thank you for your response. I have a Watco WS1 Water Softener
and after looking around the web for a pic of it I found this.
http://onsmartpages.com/weilhammerplumbingco/pictures/view_alone.nhtml?profile=pictures&UID=10290
now I have that little gray plastic tip thats shown in the pic. I didn't know what it was for (apparently for going down from 1" to 3/4 lol) I didn't know you could sweat PVC to copper. but there it is (does anyone know how to do that?) as for my loop I couldn't find a pic that resembles mine all I can say is its in the garage there are two copper lines sticking out of my wall with a bypass hooked up to it. It is for all the water in my house as far as I know and it is about 12" below where the water softener hook ups are (on the softener) again thank you all.

Bookmark   September 16, 2010 at 8:29PM
justalurker

Does your control valve have a bypass attached to the back? If you didn't get the bypass, get one.

If you got the 90 degree 1" male threaded adapters then...
easier to solder a 3/4 male thread onto the copper and use these
to go from 3/4" male thread to the 1" male thread the Clack valve connectors are.

You can find them by clicking HERE and looking for SWC 1" x 3/4" x 18"

Bookmark   September 16, 2010 at 8:44PM
More Discussions
Can we bypass old hot water heater?
Any reason we can't bypass and then remove this old...
shellking
Help with smelly well water
Just a little background. We bought a house 3 years...
cmonkey
Water pressue and other plumbing issues (MULTIPLE ISSUES - LONG)
I have a couple plumbing issues in my house. Some background... Approximately...
gtrshop
Am I the only one bothered by this?
Since Houzz took over, these forums have become a spam-infested...
aliceinwonderland_id
Rainfresh water filter leaks from top.
I have a Rainfresh water filter. It seems to be leaking...
gtrshop
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™