Lighting a baja bench or tanning ledge

tlvancouverJanuary 7, 2013

We've just revised our plans and now have a large (8 by 20) tanning ledge and I'm curious how you light it? We have intellibrite LEDs going in the pool and spa.

I'm concerned about the ledge looking a different colour in the day and looking weird - anyone do a darker pebbletec on the ledge?

At night I'm not sure how others light their decks - it's not deep enough for an LED...

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bpricedo

How deep will the water be? Savi lights go into a return fitting so that is a possibility. Lighted bubblers could be used as well.

Bookmark   January 7, 2013 at 11:41PM
alyx_c

My ledge is 9" of water and it's not deep enough for lighting. Had this talk with my PB today. But my ledge is a different color anyway because it will all be glass tile. he told me most people just light from above so we will do some lighting around the tanning ledge.

Bookmark   January 8, 2013 at 12:06AM
Pools94

Pentair just came out with a small LED light called GLOBright. It is an LED light to complement their Intellibrite lights. It is meant for shallow water applications with a low voltage transformer.

Bookmark   January 8, 2013 at 9:58PM
natural_one

Pools94 nailed it....a great option for shallow water lighting that meets code and provides ample light. There are LV white options if color is not your thing.

Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 10:14AM
natural_one

Ironically my Pentair rep just walked in and dropped off new LED bubblers that can be ran with or without intellibrites and will sync with them.

Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 1:02PM
poolguynj

I've been howling for those for a long time. I wonder if they got the landscape light varieties too.

Scott

Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 3:21PM
tlvancouver

Natural_one, do you know what they're called or have an approximate cost? The globrites are interesting - we're looking at between 6-9 inches so not sure if they'd work?

Friends of ours have a led strip lining the border of their tanning ledge which looks pretty slick in photos, not sure how it would look in person - have any of you seen that?

Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 5:53PM
natural_one

Scott- I thought I saw landscape lights 2 years ago at the show, no? Never carried them or installed them. I cant imagine colored landscpae lighting looking decent with the exception to Disneyland, haha.

tlvancouver- they are called a "colorcascade led light bubbler". Varying nozzle sizes and flow rates dependent on desired height and water depth.

Bookmark   January 10, 2013 at 12:52PM
poolguynj

The choice of land scape lighting is extremely limited.

Scott

Bookmark   January 10, 2013 at 2:42PM
just-a-pb

If you are still looking at bids, and want a better finished product then the company you are looking at, give Natural one a shout.

Bookmark   February 9, 2013 at 1:54AM
More Discussions
Pool resurface question
I am having my pool resurfaced and the supplies were...
lbrandt5
Pools
I would really like to know what kinds of materials...
zthal24
New Pool Build in Cypress near Houston
Well, the Big Dig did not begin Monday. Our PB stopped...
suzfromtexas
How to film pool build timelapse?
I've been lurking for months & finally ready to...
Wendy Baldwin
HELP!! Pool color and pricing with Pebbletec
Help please and fast!! When we started our pool I told...
tonyagrieser
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™