Design help for a smallish kitchen
I've been reading these forums for a while, and now it's time for me to finish my own kitchen plan. I must have drawn at lest 15 differents setups for this kitchen, but I'm still not sure if I have the best plan.
In my plan, the door leads to the backyard (and the BBQ !). The basement stairs are just in front of the door. The top window is a low window (31" from the floor), while the left one is higher (48 inches from the floor).
My main "problems" with this plan is :
- putting cabinets in front of a low window (window at the top is only 31 inches from the floor)
- I'm closing the side of my stairwell to the basement, which might make my kitchen look smaller
- No countertop beside my fridge
What I really like with this setup :
- My prep zone and my sink are not under wall cabinets and are not facing a wall
- Lot of counter space
- Place for a nice range hood (chimney ?)
- Good storage.
- I can have stools (my wife will love that)
Anyonw has any advice on how to optimise this plan ? What should I do with the corner cabs. Should I put cabinets above my range and use a normal range hood under the cabinet ? Should I use an OTR MW ?
Thanks a lot for your time,
PS : after the plan comes the materials and colors, AHHHHH !
PS2 : sorry about my english, it's my second language.