Convert wet bar to ice maker

rocks911September 20, 2012

I have a small wet bar that I never use that I would like to convert to a cabinet mounted ice maker.

I know that ice makers need a floor drain but couldnt I reconfigure the plumbing to accommodate an ice maker drain?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Reconfiguring the drain could prove to be a tough project because the fixture arm for the bar sink drain most likely is about 18" above the floor, but the ice maker drain is on the bottom of the ice bin, which is usually about 6" above the floor and you are required to have a 2" verticle gap from the lowest part of the ice maker drain to the flood level rim of the receptor.

Having said all of that, there is a very easy solution. Go to a commercial HVAC & Refrigeration supply house and they have condensate trays made for your purpose. The trays are low and flat and lay on the floor below the ice machine and they have a 110v automatic pump built in that will pump the liquid up to the trap. You would then put an 18" vertical riser on the trap to make a standpipe.

    Bookmark   September 21, 2012 at 9:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks for that, I appreciate it!

    Bookmark   September 26, 2012 at 11:08AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Fleck 5600 Econominder - Salty Tasting Water
I just installed a new 1.5 cu ft water softener with...
Doable...European sink & US bathroom pop-up drain and faucet?
if I purchase a small Belfast sink fron England to...
fleck fusion high flow metered water softener
Our Culligan has died and we aint too heartbroken about...
Salt-free water conditioning
Hi all, Considering installing a water softener in...
Costco Water Ridge Dual Flush -- Need reviews
Any more reviews on the dual flush Water Ridge toilet?...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™