Water Temp 'lock' ?

silly_meSeptember 19, 2010

I think this must exist, but I have no idea what it would be called to do a search: I'm looking for a mechanism that would guarantee a consistent water temperature in a shower.

We have bad timing in this house and I'm always starting the washing machine just when my husband gets into the shower. (As a result, he doesn't come out of the shower in a very good mood.)

We're starting a bathroom reno soon and I'm wondering if this is something that can be installed w. the new plumbing.

Thanks for any info.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
asolo

Had one of these on a cruise-ship 13 years ago. (Name of boat was Veendam.) All the cabins had them. Had thermostat inside that you could set and the shower stream started and stayed where set. I was VERY impressed and wanted one. However, never was able to find.

Anyway....I'm just saying that I KNOW they exist. And, if you locate one, c'mon back here and tell me, please!

Bookmark   September 19, 2010 at 11:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joeplumb

Any modern shower valve has a built-in compensator that maintains water pressure even when toilets flush or washing machines run.
They do an excellent job of effectively holding the shower water temperature fairly constant.

Bookmark   September 20, 2010 at 11:37AM
More Discussions
shower neck leaking
Just installed a shower head (in new construction),...
sid_79
Septic tank and question on the "Sponge"
I have a septic tank that when last pumped out had...
big_al_41
Cold Water TOO COLD! What to do?
I know there is a lot of concern over regulating hot...
mrb6228
Pulldown sprayer leaking
My Moen pulldown faucet (with Reflex Technology!) was...
ginny20
Fire Sprinkler
Purchasing a home with an indoor fire sprinkler system....
jglo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™