Automatic Pool Covers for Inground Swimming Pool

Christy BellJanuary 31, 2013

We are looking to purchase an automatic pool cover. Does anyone have suggestions regarding brand? I'm also curious how long they last and what the maintenance is like?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
muddy_water

I use Coverstar on my pools have had no problems with them at all..I would suggest a yearly maintenance with Coverstar to adjust and lube the cover...Look to replace the cover in about 10 years...

Here is a link that might be useful: Coverstar

Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 9:39PM
Lori B

We have signed with a PB, and are putting on an Automatic pool cover. Originally, they said they wanted to use Cover Pools. But after more research, they are saying Coverstar seems like a better product. I found another board with bad reviews of Coverstar, especially mentioning the ropes multiple times. Can anyone here offer more updated information on Coverstar? These reviews were from 2009, so maybe the issue has been corrected.

Muddy-water -- how old is your Coverstar pool cover? I'm glad to hear that you have had no problems.

Here is a link that might be useful: Coverstar reviews

Bookmark   May 16, 2013 at 3:49PM
mattwin

I have a cover star pool cover and it's been working fine. I got it installed OCT 2012. I think the issue you were concerned with is corrected.

Bookmark   June 29, 2013 at 11:03PM
PRO
www.SwimmingPoolSteve.com

Coverstar is a trusted name, one of the most trusted names for auto covers. You will find some negative reviews but it is worth considering that they also just install more covers than anyone else in my area by a fair margin. This might account for some of these negative reviews. I think they might even have a cable system now in place of the ropes but not 100% on that. It has been 2 years since I had an autocover installed from them.

Bookmark   on Sunday at 8:59PM
More Discussions
Atlantis pool and spa (Magnolia Tx) anyone have any feedback?
Searching for a pool builder and looks like Atlantis...
makingbeacon
How to film pool build timelapse?
I've been lurking for months & finally ready to...
Wendy Baldwin
Swimming laps- Design help
My wife wants to swim laps. Short of building an olympic...
jparkfire
Remounting aluminum track for a cover in a salt water pool
I've got a CoverPools automatic cover for my saltwater...
nick_shirley
HELP!! Pool color and pricing with Pebbletec
Help please and fast!! When we started our pool I told...
tonyagrieser
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™