Automatic Pool Covers for Inground Swimming Pool

christyincoJanuary 31, 2013

We are looking to purchase an automatic pool cover. Does anyone have suggestions regarding brand? I'm also curious how long they last and what the maintenance is like?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
muddy_water

I use Coverstar on my pools have had no problems with them at all..I would suggest a yearly maintenance with Coverstar to adjust and lube the cover...Look to replace the cover in about 10 years...

Here is a link that might be useful: Coverstar

Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 9:39PM
Lori B

We have signed with a PB, and are putting on an Automatic pool cover. Originally, they said they wanted to use Cover Pools. But after more research, they are saying Coverstar seems like a better product. I found another board with bad reviews of Coverstar, especially mentioning the ropes multiple times. Can anyone here offer more updated information on Coverstar? These reviews were from 2009, so maybe the issue has been corrected.

Muddy-water -- how old is your Coverstar pool cover? I'm glad to hear that you have had no problems.

Here is a link that might be useful: Coverstar reviews

Bookmark   May 16, 2013 at 3:49PM
mattwin

I have a cover star pool cover and it's been working fine. I got it installed OCT 2012. I think the issue you were concerned with is corrected.

Bookmark   June 29, 2013 at 11:03PM
tigertd

We are repeat cover owners at two homes (1995-1999). Our first one was built in as part of a new pool construction. Then in 1999, we moved, and this home had a freeform pool. The same company (Aquamatic Pool Covers) installed a retro-fit automatic cover. Both products were/are excellent, and have given us many, many years of trouble free use. As an engineer, I thoroughly researched all of the brands, and their hydraulic drive appeared to be the most robust, and the reliability over the past 15 years has proven to me, that we made the right choice.

Bookmark   last Saturday at 1:51PM
More Discussions
Plaster mottling???
It's been 13 days since we had the pool replastered....
lisadlu
salt or chlorine? pebble or plaster?
We have finally decided to build a pool, and have had...
lostinthewoodlands
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
Baffled by my pool- peeling skim coat?
Hi all! My in ground concrete pool is leaking... I...
sabine77
changing pool filter
I AM TOLD BY MY POOL SERVICE THAT MY FILTER IS TOO...
rudnick
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™