Coordinating paint color with wood floor color

sand1502April 24, 2014

Hi,
I am thinking of using revere pewter by Benjamin Moore for our entryway. It's a great color but we have warm colored/red mahogany colored wood floors. Would the cool tones of revere pewter clash with the floors? Would a warmer color be better or would the contrast be a good thing?

Thank you in advance. This is my first home and I am new to painting, it can be difficult to pick the right colors!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mlrprinceton

Please read this link! Basically, she's saying wood floors are like denim jeans in that they go with everything.

http://www.mariakillam.com/the-colour-of-wood-vs-wall-colour-how-important-is-it-really/

Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 12:23PM
sand1502

Thank you! That is good to know :)

Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 2:16PM
kam76

Revere pewter is a little warmer gray anyway because of the tan in it. I would highly recommend getting a test pot and painting some poster boards and move them around the room to be sure you like it. It is amazing how different colors can look in a room.

Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 2:26PM
Patricia43

Painting is the last thing you should do. Get all your furnishings in the room and all your accessories, and that will dictate the color walls you should have. Paint is easy to mix. The rest is hard to get right.

Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 5:28PM
dawn_t

I have medium oak-look laminate floors with a reddish/orange hue. I also used Revere Pewter in the living room - they seem to play nice together.

I will say that I find the R.P. appears lighter on my walls than what I see in other's photos. I would have preferred a darker shade.... but, after approx 40 different pint testers, I gave up, because *every* color looked pinkish on my walls. (Edgecomb gray looked green)

HTH

Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 6:45PM
More Discussions
Pier 1 Furniture???
Okay, we are at the tail end of a whole-house remodel...
dgranara
Dove soap users...
Have you noticed they made the bar soap smaller? I...
SheeshareeII
Are cordless roller shades practical with a large picture window?
Hi all! I plan to replace my windows and doors this...
valpogal47
JCPenny Linden Street Furniture Slip Cover?
Does anyone have the JCPenny Linden Street Furniture...
daisymc
Help! Living room paint colors!!
Hello everyone, I just bought my house and I need help...
fabbyar79
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™