Why does my faucet sing to me?!

AboutToGetDustySeptember 28, 2012

Please help solve the mystery of my singing sink faucet! (I posted this in "kitchens" but was referred here - hopefully someone can help :-)

Ever since the kitchen was completed, I've noticed that my Rohl Country faucet "sings" - makes an odd moaning sound. Sometimes, but not always. When it sings, the pressure is lower. When it doesn't, the water pressure is greater. I cannot seem to corrolate this with the dishwasher or shower or washing machine running. What's up with that? Is something wrong? I recorded a video on my phone where you can hear the faucet singing - interestingly when I switch to the side spray it immediately stops. But this forum rejected the file type.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Wastoponcen

maybe there's a wind passing through the pipe that creates odd sounds. it may come from below or above your sink.

Bookmark   October 2, 2012 at 9:02PM
lazypup

On the other hand we could say, "Maybe you have a happy faucett"....LOL

Having said that, let us now get down to the buisiness at hand.

From your description it is indicating that something is loose and causing a rapid change in the internal working pressure as the water flows through. The most common cause is a small piece of debris inside the faucett that is interfering with flow, or it could be a loose washer or spring.

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 4:38AM
weedmeister

Maybe it likes you?

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 3:40PM
AboutToGetDusty

So, an update finally. My contractor flushed out the line, per Rohl's recommendation, and that worked...for a while. Lately, my faucet has been singing again. Ugh. So I called Rohl, and they told me they redesigned the diverter, and will send it to me, and this should take care of the problem for good. Hopefully this new and improved diverter does the trick!

Bookmark   October 15, 2013 at 2:11PM
More Discussions
toilet flapper closes too fast
a 5 y.o. AS 4396 w/Fluidmaster guts. The flapper is...
fritzgarden
shower problem....can someone give me a clue?
My hot water plumbing JUST started acting "wonky."...
bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz
Fire Sprinkler
Purchasing a home with an indoor fire sprinkler system....
jglo
Freezeless Hydrant Frozen??
Hi, I have freezeless hydrant that has never given...
den75
Cold Water TOO COLD! What to do?
I know there is a lot of concern over regulating hot...
mrb6228
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™