Easy Touch 4 needed??

dewalt17January 25, 2014

Looking at purchasing some equipment for a upcoming owner build gunite pool. Pool just over 15K water. Here's a list of the equipment I am considering

Pentair 3HP VS pump 011018
Pentair Clean and Clear 420 filter
Pentair IC-20 Salt generator
Pentair Intellibrite 120v LED light
Pentair Intellibrite Color controller
Polaris 260 or 360 cleaner?
Polaris Booster

What I am unsure of is if I would need a controller or not. Could I add a wired or wireless remote to this to control the pool and lighting functions for inside the house if I wanted.

I know the pool pump and salt generator are controlled thur the Easy Touch. Can the LED light and cleaner booster be controlled as well?

Is there anything I am missing?

Todd

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
muddy_water

The controller will give you a lot for the money . Such as setting the colors as well as different color modes, checking the salinity of you water controlling your VS pump startup priming speed and running speeds. And you can also use one of the extra contacts for landscape lighting or anything else you want to put on a timer...yes the booster can run on a timer through it as well. look at the new energy saving booster pump by Pentair also. I would go with a IC 40 salt system it will run less and last longer....

Bookmark   January 25, 2014 at 8:01PM
dewalt17

Muddy
Thanks for the reply. That was my next question. The IC-40. I have a chance to purchase the controller and IC-40 for around $900. Is this a good price? With the controller would I still need the color change controller? Or is this handled by the Easy Touch?
Also how many of the Pentair LED lights would you put in a 15x30? Also I have a 6x16 Baha/tanning ledge on one end. I'd like to add a light to it as well. Will the Pentair Globrights work on this?

Thanks,
Todd

Bookmark   January 26, 2014 at 8:58AM
muddy_water

If you can buy a Easytouch with a IC 40 for $900 jump on it....But check on the warranty if buying online Pentair made some changes this year on there warranty for online purchases. The Easytouch will control the lights also no controller needed. As for lights I have 3 LED lights in my personnel 40ft pool on the sides and I really don't think they do as good as just having the one in the deep end, for the tanning ledge a Globright or 2 would work great.

Bookmark   January 27, 2014 at 9:41AM
More Discussions
Please recommend a good pool builder in Southern California?
Hello, We have had a hard time finding a trust worthy...
dpautz
New Pool Build in Cypress near Houston
Well, the Big Dig did not begin Monday. Our PB stopped...
suzfromtexas
Obsessing over pool finishes
Hello all, I am looking for any and all advice on pool...
megankheaps
I will answer pool plaster questions
For 23 years I was in the swimming pool plaster industry...
poolplasterexpert
Swimming laps- Design help
My wife wants to swim laps. Short of building an olympic...
jparkfire
Sponsored Products
Norm Corkscrew & Vacuum Pump - Ash - Menu A/S
$49.95 | HORNE
Turquoise Ensemble Brushed Nickel/Hardware
PLFixtures
Modiss | Joe 1C35 Large Pendant Light
$693.00 | YLighting
The Bedford Pendant / Table Lamp - Manhattan Project
$115.00 | HORNE
Curved Corner Wine Rack - Winemaker Series
Wine Cellar Innovations