American Standard, awesome service :)

kathy77September 27, 2012

Just want to share a positive experience. Got my bathroom remodeled several months ago. Contractor picked out the toilet for me as I trusted his judgement, and I was pleased with it. A few months later it developed a spot in the bottom. A spot that I could not get out. No amount or type of cleaning product or scrubber worked. Turned out to be a flaw in the porcelain finish. I figured I would just have to live with it sadly. But it's getting worse, the spot is bigger and darker. So I emailed American Standard to ask, what can I do? They asked for a photo, and asked me some questions.

THEY ARE GOING TO SEND ME A NEW BOWL!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SparklingWater

It's always nice to hear of a positive experience, and this one strikes home with perfect timing.

I also have a relatively new American Standard low flow porcelain round seat toilet, and guess what? It has an enlarging spot in the dependent bottom front of the water reservoir. As yourself, I cleaned and tried appropriate toilet bowl products without resolution. So puzzled, with gloves on and clear water in the bowl, I reached in to find the porcelain has is interrupted (gone) on the front side at the bowl bottom. In it's place is a big brown spot that is very obvious and cosmetically displeasing.

Do you mind sharing your contact with me? I suspect American Standard might like to see a photo of mine also, don't you? I hope they will help as I am at wits end here.

Thank you very much for your post and help.

-SW

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 1:13PM
kathy77

I used their website. This page,
http://www.americanstandard-us.com/contactUs.aspx#custForm
The Contact Customer Service Online link.
Hope you get as good a response as I did. I suspect they want to know if they have a bad batch of porcelain.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.americanstandard-us.com/contactUs.aspx#custForm

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 7:26PM
SparklingWater

Thanks kathy. I'll send them a photo with their American Standard stamp. So curious a similarity...

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 10:51PM
alan_s_thefirst

Sounds like the glaze failed on the bowl, and the dark spot is moisture spreading through the porcelain. Good to hear a positive resolution for OP, hopefully for Sparkling too.

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 2:31AM
SparklingWater

American Standard said my toilet warranty was for only one year. Hmm, when replaced I'll have to think about the warranty more.

Glad you got relief though kathy77.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 2:09PM
More Discussions
Culligan HE vs Kinetico Premier vs Fleck
Hi, After doing some research regarding the above water...
blessedmomof4
Hardness and sediment and softeners (oh my)!
Hello- Long time reader, first time poster. I'm hoping...
Chris
Cold Water TOO COLD! What to do?
I know there is a lot of concern over regulating hot...
mrb6228
the dreaded frozen pipes...
Hello all, I hope someone out there can help me. I...
kineala
Am I the only one bothered by this?
Since Houzz took over, these forums have become a spam-infested...
aliceinwonderland_id
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™