Kohler Drain Question

shillyAugust 26, 2013

We are having a Kohler 60" Tea-for-Two (K-850) installed and Kohler has a "required" drain 7161. The plumber said he can use another one. Any of you plumbers know what he is talking about? I totally trust him as he has been our plumber for many years, and we have never had any problems. I'm just curious why Kohler says you have to use their drain??!! Thanks for any info...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
homebound

Possibly for the "extra deep" requirement, but consider the aesthetics. Plumbers don't think too much about the overflow and drain trim matching the fixtures, but you certainly will. I had one client that didn't like the price of the drain so her plumber used a Gerber. Sure, it's brass (not plastic), but it didn't match her new tub/shower at all. She was not happy.

Bookmark   August 30, 2013 at 6:49AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dtjen

Given some of what I have read elsewhere about the Tea for Two tub, your plumber is probably wise to install a different drain than the "mandatory" Kohler drain, which is almost universally detested by owners of this tub for its failure to function correctly. I'd be interested to know what type of drain your plumber plans to install as I absolutely love the Tea for Two tub, but don't want to have the drain problems that so many owners of this tub have. Check out the reviews at Amazon.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler Tea for Two Reviews on Amazon

Bookmark   September 6, 2013 at 12:26AM
More Discussions
patentened iron removal/air filox all in one 1k?
anyone seen or tried or have a opinion on this? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FVZHLC/ref=pe_54960_133354970_em_1p_0_ti#customerReviews Product...
Mike Maruska
38 ga. tank - not getting 2 hot showers?
We have just finished a renovation project that included...
ashebrook
Yes or No to Easy Water (no-salt) water softener?
I started this thread to reply to Sam because the prior...
peoplelover
Toilet swirls, but won't flush!!
Very frustrated. The toilet seems to be ok, it gets...
edweather
Water Softener - calling justalurker
Hopefully you are still around. I had reached out a...
toddimt
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™