Detached garage plumbing
I have a few questions about plumbing a new detached garage.
First off, I'm dealing with existing construction...slab already in place and walls completely framed and complete. This is a new home im purchasing...otherwise I would have planned this all advance. I will be installing a slop sink, house bib and possibly a small water heater to start. Might also add a half bath in the future as well.
My questions deal with domestic water supply to the garage from the house:
1. In the trench from the house to the garage, can I run my cold water piping in this same trench with my plastic eletric conduit feed to the garage sub panel?
2. What type of piping should I use? Copper, Pex, PVC?
3. What diameter should the pipe be? (100' run from the house)
4. How should I stub the pipe up into the garage? Should I dig under the foundation and chip the concrete inside the garage and bring it up that way to protect from freezing?
5. How deep should I trench? (New York...cold winters)