clamping valves

homeboundAugust 9, 2012

I installed two volume controls in a bathroom renovation. Pipe is CPVC. While I thought I had the pipe sufficiently clamped, there is still a little too much side-to-side play in the valves (pipes enter/leave each valve vertically). Any advice on clamping from the access panel side to deal with this twisting? I strapped them to the adjacent stud, but that doesn't take care of it. I need to lock these clunky valves into place somehow, and am even considering bracing the part that goes through the wall with ply that would be glued to the back of the durock.

There is room for a hose clamp or two, but attached to what else?

(Sorry for the confusing post without a pic.)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Put some blocking between the adjacent studs to attach onto.

    Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 11:12AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Yes, blocking. You can probably also put some silicone in there, it'll hold the pipe without hurting it, and dampen movement/vibration.

    Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 9:28PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Septic tank and question on the "Sponge"
I have a septic tank that when last pumped out had...
Water pressue and other plumbing issues (MULTIPLE ISSUES - LONG)
I have a couple plumbing issues in my house. Some background... Approximately...
Cold Water TOO COLD! What to do?
I know there is a lot of concern over regulating hot...
Does reverse osmosis water corrode copper plumbing? The answer ..
The answer is YES. I did a very unscientific study...
Warm water mornings on cold line for 30 secs....
We have been living in a home built in 2011 (in Canada)...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™