Plumbing cost to install Grohe Grohe GR-T405
I REALLY need your help.
I just got a plumbing estimate for installing following fixtures as part of my master bathroom renovation. Mine is a typical 2-story house in Houston,Tx.
1) Grohe GR-T405 Starlight Chrome Bridgeford Thermostatic Shower Trim with Three Volume Control Trims, Showerhead, Handshower with Slide Bar, Three Body Sprays and Lever Handles.. It has wall (and NOT ceiling) mounted rainshower head. This requires 1 qty of 34 397 3/4" Thermostatic Rough in Valve and 3 qtys of 29 274 3/4" Volume Control Rough in Valve
2) 2 single hole bathroom faucets and
3) Rim Mounted Tub Filler with Hand Shower.
I was shocked when I saw this estimate of $3900 from my plumber. This is MORE than what I am paying for the hardware.
So, I want to ask following questions :
1) Is this estimate too high or just about right? I have no idea whether I should negotiate and if so, what are the reasonable plumbing charges for installing these items?
2) Has anybody ever installed Grohe shower system and how is the experience so far?
3) How is Grohe shower system from maintenance point of view?
4) Will you recommend any other similar shower system other than Grohe?
Thanks a LOT in advance.
Here is the link to Grohe GR-T405 : http://www.build.com/grohe-gr-t405sc-starlight-chrome-bridgeford-thermostatic-shower-trim-with-three-volume-control-trims-showerhead-handshower-with-slide-bar-three/p1830479