Confortis

joannb_petloverNovember 25, 2008

I will never use this drug again. My 7 year old Chihuahua almost died from it. He started foaming at the mouth, went into a seizure like state, stiff as a board. I thought he was dead. It took a good 10 minutes before he could try and sit up. The Vet did bloodwork on him but refused to allow me to pay for the visit. He expects the drug company to pick up the bill. It was a horrible experience, one I will not revisit. Beware people.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
todancewithwolves

I would never give my dogs a oral pill for fleas. Nope, nope, nope.

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 1:57PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
arjay42_comcast_net

We have been giving both of our jack russels Confortis for 2 years now and they have had no ill effects. It keeps the fleas off. Maybe the dogs who become ill are just allergic to something in the pill. Our dogs are outside most of the day and also enjoy one day a week at the dog daycare, Tails are waggin, and never come home
with an infestation. No fleas in our carpet either. If they work and your dog suffers no ill effects, good. If they have problems with it then don't give it to them. We cannot use the sprays as one of our jacks gets a terrible skin rash. We will continue to use Confortis.

Bookmark   June 28, 2011 at 11:01AM
More Discussions
Cat much less active than a few months ago
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has experienced what...
chi83
Smelly dog ears
I am not used to having a long floppy eared dog (Dachshund)....
lily316
How to get my new cat to stop fighting old/current cats
I posted a few weeks ago for advice on introducing...
phish_gw
Anyone had a problem with 'DreamBones' dog snack?
Has anyone had any problems with a dog snack called...
cas66ragtop
My cat has an unknown illness! Help!!!!
Hi There I have a 14 and a half year old male cat Sylvester...
rachelmfi
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™