Windham Cream vs. Antique White

jfranc85March 19, 2010

I have used BM Windham Cream before and loved it, but in my new condo, it seems too yellow.

Much of the light is artificial because the only window is a slider at one end that is the length of the wall.

The room is 38' long, perhaps that is why is looks a bit like lemonade.

I put antique white on small areas this afternoon, but they seem to look the same as the Windham Cream. I will see if they dry differently tomorrow..

Any ideas?

The new rug will be a light bisque color.

Thanks for any help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

I'm familiar with BM Windham Cream and I agree that it is very yellow. There was a thread here recently with a link to a blog article about why the right white is so difficult to find, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe someone who reads this can find it.

Bookmark   March 20, 2010 at 7:01PM
graywings123

This isn't the thread I was thinking of, but it has ideas to consider. Have you considered using a full spectrum paint?

Here is a link that might be useful: whites

Bookmark   March 20, 2010 at 7:11PM
jfranc85

How about BM Navajo White or Mayonnaise?
I just want to tone down the Windham Cream. Thanks for the helpful thread on whites, I really do want a yellow undertone, but not as bright as the Windham Cream is in my space.

Bookmark   March 21, 2010 at 8:35AM
susanlynn2012

I used BM Navajo White in a bathroom and it is a nice neutral. I also used BM Bone White which was a very close match to SW Antique White but I preferred the Bone White slightly different tone but so difficult to see the difference with the samples on the wall.

BM Bone white is a very close match to BM Wicker and is a very neutral happy color without being too tan or too yellow or too dark. It looks great with white trim. Do a search for my posting name and you will see pictures of my walls.

Bookmark   March 21, 2010 at 10:28AM
More Discussions
Is Restoration Hardware bedding worth it?
I've been searching for the perfect white quilt for...
artydecor
Unique Craftsman trim & wainscotting Examples, Info, Opinions
I am looking for examples of unique craftsman and/or...
Corbin Dodge
Wet Bars - Are they 'out'?
We are considering installing a wet bar during our...
snaupal
Curtain Height?
My walkout basement ceilings are 9 feet. I like curtains...
mattypies
Advice on blue ceiling please
I'm planning to repaint our living room sometime soon,...
jlc712
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™