Anyone recognize this shower faucet?

uvascanyonAugust 24, 2013

In a recently purchased home we have this shower faucet in one of the bathrooms. I surmise that it is European as the house also had European outlets wired, and I believe the digits on the hot water knob are for temperature, in Celsius...

In order for the shower to not drip, the faucet has to cranked-down really tight. I'm guessing that it needs new valves. I need to know what make and ideally model this is though...

Thanks much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It looks like a Grohe Grotherm, or Hansgrohe Ecostat, or similar

They are called Exposed Thermostatic or Twin Exposed thermostatic shower valves.

    Bookmark   August 25, 2013 at 10:10PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thank you very much! It's a start...

I guess not something one can purchase locally? Not that I want to buy a new one, but parts...

From what you know of these, might this be something I can swap it with?

At some point I'll need to demo the shower so I don't want to dump much money into it, but would like to start using it though....

Thanks again.

Here is a link that might be useful: Shower mixer faucet

    Bookmark   August 26, 2013 at 12:03AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Cold Water TOO COLD! What to do?
I know there is a lot of concern over regulating hot...
Am I the only one bothered by this?
Since Houzz took over, these forums have become a spam-infested...
the dreaded frozen pipes...
Hello all, I hope someone out there can help me. I...
Does reverse osmosis water corrode copper plumbing? The answer ..
The answer is YES. I did a very unscientific study...
Toilet swirls, but won't flush!!
Very frustrated. The toilet seems to be ok, it gets...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™