Magnet needed for pull down kitchen faucet?

munkayaAugust 20, 2013

Hello! I am trying to decide on a new kitchen faucet and have been researching Kohler, Delta, Grohe, and some others. I know there's a good fan base for the Grohe Ladylux and also for the Kohler faucets (Vinnata, Simplice, etc.), and then there are a lot of happy Delta faucet owners out there too. I think Delta's magnet docking is such a good design feature and it seems necessary to keep the spray head in place.

For those of you with a non-magnet pull down, have you had any issues with drooping over time?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weedmeister

Price Pfister: No drooping after several years.

Note that all non-magnetic units will show drooping in the stores due to the way they are installed. Many have counter weights and springs to retract the spray head and hold it in place, and these are not installed on store displays.

Bookmark   August 21, 2013 at 1:26PM
justalurker

I've had this Delta for 10 years or so and it uses the weight. Properly set and adjusted it works the same as the day it was new.

Had a minor problem and Delta was kinda of a PITA to deal with cause the CSR had poor product knowledge so hard to explain what I needed and she wouldn't escalate to a supervisor but I've read that lots of people are real happy with Delta customer service.

For products that are meant to last a long time I'm disappointed that some commonly needed Delta parts are NLA for other Delta fixtures I have that aren't really all that old but I guess that is the way it is today... just buy a complete new one for $75 when a $2 gasket would resolve the problem.

This post was edited by justalurker on Wed, Aug 21, 13 at 21:50

Bookmark   August 21, 2013 at 7:32PM
munkaya

Thanks for the input!

Bookmark   August 26, 2013 at 11:18AM
More Discussions
Rainfresh water filter leaks from top.
I have a Rainfresh water filter. It seems to be leaking...
gtrshop
Yes or No to Easy Water (no-salt) water softener?
I started this thread to reply to Sam because the prior...
peoplelover
Septic tank and question on the "Sponge"
I have a septic tank that when last pumped out had...
big_al_41
Pulldown sprayer leaking
My Moen pulldown faucet (with Reflex Technology!) was...
ginny20
the dreaded frozen pipes...
Hello all, I hope someone out there can help me. I...
kineala
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™