Warmest Jacket for Chihuahua?

suziequeNovember 9, 2012

My little one is already objecting to going out as the weather dips into the 30s. Can't say as I blame her!

I have a jacket for her, but it, and others I find in the stores seem to be mostly for looks. They don't seem that they would keep her warm enough to go out for walks (pee/poop, exercise) no matter how short the walks are. Sweaters that I find are simply cute and made with acrylic, not made of warm yarn.

What have you found for jackets or sweaters that really will keep her warmer as opposed to just looking cute?

Links?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suzieque

Drop

Bookmark   November 11, 2012 at 7:44AM
glaserberl

Our local paper had a small section about doggie coats yesterday.
http://desmoinesregister.ia.newsmemory.com/?token=44bfc18f935370ee02fd2d410ab55407&cnum=2038674&fod=1111111STD&selDate=20121111&;
I googled the coat and found it at Amazon.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ski Parka

Bookmark   November 11, 2012 at 8:23AM
ilovepoco

Check out the dog coats from Foggy Mountain. We bought one of their nylon fleece-lined turnout coats many years ago and it's been handed down twice. What I like about it (and the dogs seem to agree) is that it doesn't bind or constrict the dog in any way - totally functional for active dogs. It's like a mini-horse turnout coat!

I just checked and they do have small sizes... scroll down about half way on this page to see a pic of a chihuahua wearing the coat:

http://www.dogcoat.com/?page_id=10

Now that I browse their site, I'd almost like to buy a new one (love the plaids), but honestly there's not a stitch out of place and the hardware is still shiny on the old one after 10+ years, 2 Jack Russells, one Sato, and a lot of bad weather in our New England winters.

Susan

Here is a link that might be useful: Foggy Mountain Dog Coats

Bookmark   November 12, 2012 at 10:27AM
1929Spanish

Hello - I'm dropping for the day (owner of a crazy, munched loved rescue Yorkie).

I love the Lands End Squall Jacket. It's on sale right now for $19.

Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 4:20PM
ilmbg

A people sock with end cut out for head and two holes for front legs. It stays on better than any dog jacket. Cheap. Through it out when needed. Socks are cheap. This works only for very small Chi's.

Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 6:24PM
More Discussions
Can we say G A S
And it's not me, dh or my two old dogs. It's the new...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
automatic Litter boxes.......
I'm trying to connect with other users of the Cat Genie,,,,,so...
dfdureiko
Suddenly lost use of rear legs.
My 6 year old Golden suddenly lost use of his rear...
jgatty
Advice on trapping a stray cat
My husband and I have been feeding a lone stray cat...
honugirlhawaii
Dog throwing up yellow bile
Hi,what would be the most obvious reason for a dog...
debbiep_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™