Completed Pool Project

vanvmomJune 6, 2007

Here are some photos of our newly completed pool.

15x33 free form

Hayward Tristar

Salt Water System

Tahoe Blue Pebbletec

Gold Quartzite Rock

We have a detached spa on the side of our house already, so just needed to add the pool. Hopefully the link I posted will work.

Here is a link that might be useful: Completed Pool Photos

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vanvmom

Okay.... try again....

Here is a link that might be useful: my pool

Bookmark   June 6, 2007 at 11:48PM
jslwkl

Very nice pool.

I'm starting mine soon and working through the details of a contract proposal, so I have a question on your decking - did you have a small pad outside your back door already? did you have it removed or did they pour the new concrete up to it or over it. Did you have the existing pad treated at all? Was the new decking coated with a spray deck or other cooling additive? If so, how does it feel on the feet?

Bookmark   June 24, 2007 at 8:57AM
vanvmom

Not sure if you can see in the photos posted, but we had an 8x12 patio poured 5 years ago (plus another 8x20 ft that joins it around the corner of the house that leads to our spa - we have a corner lot and had certain restrictions to what we could put on our large side lot). On this large L shaped patio I layed natural slate tile (the tile came in varied autumn colors). We had the overhead aluminum (yet looks like wood) patio cover installed to cover the portion of the patio right off the rear of the house. When they poured the decking for the pool they placed a deco drain and mastik between the new decking and the existing slate tile patio. We picked a cement color that went nicely (we think) with the existing patio.
We did not "treat" either the patio or the decking when the pool was built. We have full sun, and hot days, but I find if we spray off the patio with the hose right before we use it, that it is fine - warm, but not hot on the feet.
The slate tile is slippery (the nature of slate), and 5 years ago we coated the slate with a sealant that was recommended, but I'm not sure it helped.
On another note, some friends had a pool built by the same builder, right after we completed ours. They had an existing patio, and the pool builder designed a pool that would allow them to keep their patio intact - again using a deco drain to divide the patio from the pool decking.

Bookmark   June 24, 2007 at 5:19PM
gk5040

Bummer, I couldnt view your pictures....could see your words to the slide show, but no pictures...wonder why?

Bookmark   July 7, 2007 at 6:48PM
vanvmom

Photos should be fixed now. It was a photobucket "loading" issue - lost assets, who knows???? Seems to be working now.

Bookmark   July 7, 2007 at 7:59PM
More Discussions
Plaster mottling???
It's been 13 days since we had the pool replastered....
lisadlu
should pool building take this long??
I signed a contract July 19th with Mr. Carlos pools....
animallover5
Looking for Pool Builder recommendations in Pasadena, CA
We are starting to evaluate contractors but can't find...
julieleek
Concerns about quartzscape plaster on new build
Yea, our newly constructed pool was plastered with...
spicegal
Almost there, infinity edge
Waiting on plaster and landscaping. Almost there......
poolmd
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™