North County San Diego pool + putting green
We are having a pool built and a putting area installed. We're new to this and, having read many of the threads in this forum, learned a lot but still have questions and decisions to make. Any help or comments appreciated.
We have signed the pool contract and are awaiting demo and excavation. (Putting green is separate contractor).
Here are the stats:
* Freeform 32' x 18', 480 sf, 87' perimenter, 3.5 to 6' deep
* Raised bond beam (wall) in back with ledgered stone, 6 to 12 inches high, quartzite coping
* Baja shelf, bench
* 7' spa with sloped dam wall, 6 adjustable jets
* Pebblesheen (color not decided yet; may do spa in a 2nd color)
* Intelliflo VS-3050 (4) speed pump
* 100sqft quad filter
* 3"plumbing, sched 40 thick wall
* separate cleaner suction
* auto leveler
* deep heat return line
* firepit (not sure if this is worth getting)
1.5" poly gas line
* Easy touch 8 spa side and inhouse controllers
* sand finish colored concrete vs pavers (is sand finish the same as aggregate?)
1. Baja shelf with umbrella, trying to decide on 7ft vs 4ft, vs none. kids are 5,9, good swimmers.
2. Deck- will 500 sq ft be enough space when other families come over?
3. Is a water feature (sheer descent) worth the extra money? Do these get used much besides when people are in the pool?
4. Pool safety: should we get a fence, pool net cover, or are door and water detection alarms enough?
5. Returns- how many and where?
6. What is best cleaner/vacuum? I think we get pool shark.
7. Bench-more than one? better to have near the deep end, or along back wall?