Did your pets adjust to the time change?

glaserberlNovember 6, 2009

Mine have not. I have to get up at 5:00 for work during the week and the routine is that I shower and the go downstairs, let the dog out and feed the cats.

One of the cats can't get used to the end of daylight savings time. He demands that I get up at 4:00 now. Too early!

I ignore him, but he gets everybody else up and then everybody wants to be petted at least. I don't get up, but I don't get any sleep from 4:00 on.

Tried locking them out of the bedroom at night, but he makes so much noise with the door that I'm awake anyway.

Katharina

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yborgal

Not yet. Our doggie starts pacing for dinner an hour earlier than she should. I suppose in another week she'll realize what's up.

Bookmark   November 6, 2009 at 7:08AM
dees_1

Nope. My 16+ year old cat wakes me up whenever he's hungry. Used to be around 4:30 now it's around 3:30. Sometimes earlier. Trust me, when he's hungry, there's no rest!

Bookmark   November 6, 2009 at 1:50PM
HandyMac

Since I try not to feed Max and Molly on a schedule---for this and other reasons-----and also do not get up on a schedule(finally retired)---the adaption to DST for them is basically the same as for me---it just gets dark earlier.

It would be quite difficult to change the routines for animals who have been on the routine for a long time---years---but it can be done if a person can stand the difficulties encountered for a couple of weeks.

Bookmark   November 6, 2009 at 7:56PM
weed30

I am the one that adjusted. I take advantage of the Fall time change by getting up at the "same" time, meaning I get up at 5 instead of 6. I get more stuff done, and my dogs don't notice anything.

But, that only lasts about 2 months, because gradually I sleep later, so in the end I guess we all adjust...just not in one day :)

Bookmark   November 6, 2009 at 10:55PM
bonebloodyidle

Not yet. My cat usually wakes me up at about 5 looking for breakfast. For a while after the clocks change he is either looking for food at 4 or 6 depending on the way the clocks changed. Sometimes that can lead to some rather fruity language on my part, especially if I only got home from work after a late shift at 2am. But I love my cat and he knows no better. He didn't change the clocks. It's just breakfast time to him.

Bookmark   November 9, 2009 at 7:20PM
More Discussions
Smelly dog ears
I am not used to having a long floppy eared dog (Dachshund)....
lily316
Dog throwing up yellow bile
Hi,what would be the most obvious reason for a dog...
debbiep_gw
Does anyone have a spayed dog that has a brownish discharge?
I came to this Forum to ask your opinions about something...
pickyshopper
cats - non regenerative anemia
My 10 month old cat was diagnosed on Friday with severe...
miw-bast
help with my pet
Hello, My name is Janet, owner of a 3 yr old male Blue...
janet1971
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™