Pool Heaters

mee315May 31, 2010

Ok so I've scoured the posts for this info but haven't seen it so here goes. I live in southeast Mass and have a 18X36' liner built in with stairs and swim-out so slightly under 700sf surface area. I've read bigger is better and I've also seen comments that haven't killed Hayward but not incredibly complimentary. I'm also a licensed plumber so I have working knowledge on the mechanics... so here's the questions:

Raypak Digital Propane P-R406A-EP-X a good choice?

Too big for my pool?

Does Raypak manufacture a 'lesser' quality heater for the homeowner that looks the same but has inferior parts? (yes it's true there are 'home depot' lines and 'plumbing supply' house lines in water heaters, boilers, etc. been to the factories and have seen with my own eyes!)

Thanks for you help!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jfedorko

I have a Pentair MasterTemp pool/spa heater that turns itself on. It is not an automated system and I believe the heater turns on whenever the pump timer kicks on. This is at a second home and we have arrived after being gone for several days to find our pool heated to 105 degrees. The heater has been replaced once under warranty and other repairs have been made by the manufacturer's reps, yet the problem continues. Our only solution has been to turn the gas off whenever we leave. Has anyone experienced this problem. Thanks,

John Fedorko

Bookmark   June 2, 2010 at 12:42PM
More Discussions
should pool building take this long??
I signed a contract July 19th with Mr. Carlos pools....
animallover5
New Pool Build in Cypress near Houston
Well, the Big Dig did not begin Monday. Our PB stopped...
suzfromtexas
How to film pool build timelapse?
I've been lurking for months & finally ready to...
Wendy Baldwin
Exceptional Pool Builders who build in Cleveland, OH area?
My wife and I are beginning the design stage of our...
jc_ufl
J.L. Blodgett abandons pool project
I wanted to send along a note of caution to all members...
ctm14
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™