Three Questions About Pebble Tec

katiemkiApril 15, 2008

We're preparing to have our pool redone, and I notice you all seem to love the Pebble Tec and Pebble Sheen products, and we too love the way they look. Before we commit my husband has two concerns. Does Pebble Tec/Pebble Sheen hold up well over time in cold climates (we're in Michigan)...and does it have a tendency to hold algae more than a smoother surface would? We're pretty good about keeping our pool in balance but we want to minimize the maintenance (brushing, vacuuming, etc)...also, will our polaris work on these surfaces or is will we need to get a differ/better automatic pool vac? we would sooo appreciate your thoughts...thanks! Katie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tresw

This thread ended up in the gallery area which is why you haven't gotten any replies, but to answer your questions:

1- no problem at all in cold climates.
2- it has less tendency to hold algae because algae likes to take root in the tiny voids in plaster, since pebble finishes have much less exposed plaster there is less area for algae to root into.
3- any pool cleaner will work with pebble finishes.

Pebble Tec is like the surface of an orange or basketball, so it's not rough. Just a little bumpy. Sheen is even smoother because the aggregate is smaller.

Bookmark   May 20, 2008 at 6:49PM
More Discussions
Baffled by my pool- peeling skim coat?
Hi all! My in ground concrete pool is leaking... I...
sabine77
blue stone pool deck
I live in Utah and am building a traditional east coast...
holly6
Automatic Pool Covers for Inground Swimming Pool
We are looking to purchase an automatic pool cover....
christyinco
Basement pool - How to prepare the room?
With some slight modifications to my garage (dropping...
Alex House
Pool heater shutting off after 90 degrees F.
Hello! I have a pentair minimax 200M for my pool spa/combo....
tcornell05
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™