Favorite/least favorite TV chef kitchens?

fishymomMarch 27, 2014

I have had the cooking/food channels on a bit lately and have been looking a little closer at the kitchen sets. A lot of them are interesting, but I think the eclectic Rachel Ray 30 Minute Meals set is my favorite. I wouldn't want it for my own kitchen, doesn't match my house, but I really love the colorful look. My least favorite is Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee, I really dislike the look of that kitchen. I find all the clutter very distracting and claustrophobic, definitely not for me!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deedles

It's not food network but on Create TV there is an Irish guy... Kevin Dundin with the most gorgeous kitchen!

Bookmark   March 27, 2014 at 2:08PM
athomesewing

I enjoy Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond's kitchen. I just feel like cooking seeing all her space. My favorite item in her kitchen, which isn't shown in the slide presentation however, is her custom painted Kitchenaid Stand Mixer, done by a gal in my town.

At the moment there is a online slide show of the kitchen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pioneer Woman Kitchen

Bookmark   March 27, 2014 at 2:43PM
ktj459

I LOVE Laura Calder's kitchen on French Food at Home. All those windows on the sink wall! It's my dream! I don't think I have a least favorite.

Bookmark   March 27, 2014 at 3:05PM
robo (z6a)

Sandra Lee! She has given me many moments of youtube hilarity. I have posted a link below to her infamous Kwanzaa Cake.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kwanzaa cake

This post was edited by robotropolis on Thu, Mar 27, 14 at 15:07

Bookmark   March 27, 2014 at 3:06PM
dcward89

I also love Pioneer Woman's kitchen and I too love her KA!!! Also like Giada's ocean front kitchen with windows in the backsplash area...beautiful, clean, breezy looking kitchen!!

Bookmark   March 27, 2014 at 3:23PM
gr8daygw

Least favorite is Rachael Ray's. I like the Barefoot Contessa's kitchen, can't think of her name right now.

Bookmark   March 27, 2014 at 3:37PM
plllog

OMG, Robotropolis! I didn't know! OMG!!

I think my favorite TV kitchen was The Galloping Gourmet, and mostly because they showed the audience instead of pretending it wasn't a set.

Agreed with Gr8day that Ina Garten's TV kitchen is nice. It's efficient and pleasant rather than goopy and weird (some TV kitchens look like the kitchens in flooring ads--all about showing the center rather than actually cooking).

Bookmark   March 27, 2014 at 3:49PM
Iowacommute

I really like the kitchen Sara Moulton films her 'Weeknight Meals' in for PBS which I think is her producers. It is so lovely.

The link below has pictures from her own kitchen which is in NYC in an apartment. She just had it remodeled, and it's very pretty too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sara Moulton's Kitchen

Bookmark   March 27, 2014 at 4:00PM
lavender_lass

Ktj- Me too. I love Laura Calder's kitchen, especially with the blue tile! From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

Bookmark   March 27, 2014 at 4:47PM
magsnj

I'm with gr8day....hate Rachel rays, like ina garten's. Oddly, i like lydia's kitchen on pbs.

Bookmark   March 27, 2014 at 4:57PM
nmjen

I love Ina Garten's--it's been the biggest inspiration for my remodel. Laura Calder's is also very pretty, and while Ree's isn't exactly my style, it's very welcoming (and I covet that KA!).

Bookmark   March 27, 2014 at 8:33PM
More Discussions
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
color of sink in a modern kitchen ?
I will have white cabinets and dark grey counter tops. what...
jeannette10
Where do you keep your Aprons?
While DD is cleaning out all our kitchen cabinets,...
debrak_2008
Closet pantry or not?
I am doing a reno of our kitchen and wanted to get...
abbabug
Any reason not to do runnels in marble?
I'm still working on my sink and countertop decisions....
crl_
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™