Kool Deck

burn22March 23, 2006

Hi there...I'm totally enjoying this forum, just wish I would've found it a few months ago.

Well, our gunite is done, and now on to making a decision about decking. I don't know much about the different types of decking, but our pool package comes with Kool Deck...Can anyone tell me some of the advantages and/or disadvantages of Kool Deck???? T5 is the color that I would like...if I decide to go with Kool Deck. If anyone has any photos of the T5 decking color, I'd love to see them. I really love the stamping technique, but I'm not sure if it's in our price range. We're only going to go two feet around the perimeter with decking. The rest will be a natural flagstone.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ross939

Hi: I am also exploring the option of a Kool Deck coating. I read where kool Deck is better on a newer concrete surface but not on an older prexisting concrete deck. Is this true? Lastly, Is applying Kool Deck something I can do myself? My neighbor seems to think it will be easy enough, just preasure wash the old concrete and apply with a long handled roller. He's saying let's get a couple more guys together and knock it out on a weekend. Is this a fairly easy project? Here is a link I found that may be useful to you:

Here is a link that might be useful: Kool Deck Thread

Bookmark   March 29, 2007 at 7:50PM
More Discussions
Need new pool filter help
I don' t mind spending the money for a good pool pump...
echooooo
Cleaning pool filter
Does your pool filter look like this after it's been...
bossyvossy
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
Is it safe to build a vinyl inground with pyrite in the soil?
I have been trying to find information about excavating...
jo229
Screen around pool
Hi, This may not be the best forum for this question,...
ladoladi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™