problems w/pebble fina grigio...does anyone have pictures?

dsflattJanuary 19, 2006

We just had a pool completed w/the grigio pebble fina finish. The first time it wasn't acid washed enough and they had to drain and redo and refill. We just refilled and it still doesn't look right. Has anyone else had these problems? Does anyone have any photos of a good pebble fina grigio finish they'd share? Supposedly, a pebble fina rep is going to visit and look on Monday, but we'll see what happens. We're not happy w/it and don't think it was done correctly. It's very splotchy, looks much like plaster and very little rock/color shows through.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
arielitas_mom

I'm not sure what you mean by "very little rock/color shows through." Unlike Pebbletec and Pebblesheen, which have more texture, Pebblefina is a smooth surface (i.e., no pebbles can be felt or seen), and - like plaster - will show some mottling (i.e., splotchiness). That said, yours may have been incorrectly applied and be more spotchy than it should. Any pictures? Also, you might want to post this in the discussions forum, you'll get more people to respond.

Bookmark   January 20, 2006 at 11:37AM
dsflatt

Thanks for the info. I am aware that fina is much like plaster to the touch, but the look is supposed to have more fleck and variation in color. Ours has a few areas that look as they should, but the majority of the pool looks like cloudy plaster. Do you know quite a bit about the Pebblefina product? Do you have a pool w/fina?

Bookmark   January 20, 2006 at 5:13PM
willweeverbedone

AM has the Bella Blue and I have the Acquos...some minor splotchy spots but you're right about variation and flecks. I don't have any major areas of concern and love the product. I can't remember who has the grigio but I agree you should post on the forum to get more exposure.

Here are some pictures:

Good luck...Ralph

Bookmark   January 20, 2006 at 8:37PM
tomwelsh

Those are great pictures. Does anyone out there have pictures of other PebbleFina colors they can post. I'm having a hard time getting good pictures of the "Classico" and "Cielo Blue" colors. Can anyone help? Thanks. Tom

Bookmark   January 18, 2007 at 7:38PM
lisaca

If you look in the discussions gallery I have a couple pics of bella blue. We love the color.

Bookmark   January 31, 2007 at 3:01PM
More Discussions
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
defgarden
New Pool Build Conroe TX
We're very excited to get started on our new pool with...
kands
Plaster mottling???
It's been 13 days since we had the pool replastered....
lisadlu
Pool heater shutting off after 90 degrees F.
Hello! I have a pentair minimax 200M for my pool spa/combo....
tcornell05
Need new pool filter help
I don' t mind spending the money for a good pool pump...
echooooo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™