Growth On My Dog's Paw

LoveMySmoochesOctober 2, 2011

So, I have recently noticed an area on my dog's paw that is red & pussy-looking. It isn't between any of her toes, but rather on the outside of her back left foot. It is tender to the touch (she kicks my hand away when I lightly rub over it), and it feels hard to my finger. Before anyone goes crazy on me, I AM TAKING MY DOG TO THE VET THIS WEEK to have it looked at. I just want to know if this sounds like anything cancerous. It doesn't look like a corn, and it doesn't look like anything else I've seen pictures of online. If you respond to this & would like to see a picture, I can personally e-mail it to you. I want to post a picture on here, but I don't know how if there's a way. Help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cynthia_gw

Until you can get her into the vet, soak it twice a day for 10 minutes in betadine solution. This will at least keep it clean. Cover with Vet wrap or a sock for her walks. Corns aren't common (unless you have my breed), and would be on the pawpads and don't bleed. Sounds like she may have an injury.

Bookmark   October 2, 2011 at 9:56PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trancegemini_wa

If it's a pus-y lump then it's likely to be an abscess where she has cut her foot or something like a sharp grass seed has gone in and caused an infection. Get to the vet asap because if it's small enough it might be ok with lancing and antibiotics but once it grows larger it will need surgery to clean it out and put a drain in it.

Bookmark   October 3, 2011 at 6:46AM
More Discussions
Cat much less active than a few months ago
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has experienced what...
chi83
Can we say G A S
And it's not me, dh or my two old dogs. It's the new...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
Anyone had a problem with 'DreamBones' dog snack?
Has anyone had any problems with a dog snack called...
cas66ragtop
automatic Litter boxes.......
I'm trying to connect with other users of the Cat Genie,,,,,so...
dfdureiko
Constipated Kitty (Warning - LONG)
Hi All - I haven't been on the forum in quite awhile,...
manda3183
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™