Anyone ever ordered from Vintage Tub and Bath?

ldg4511July 18, 2012

Just curious. My husband and I are in the process of choosing fixtures, tubs, sinks for our new home and this site has some great prices for the things we want. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this company. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Angie_DIY

Here is what I wrote on a post on Kitchens:

------------------------------------

Very timely post for me. Last week, I decided on a Whitehaus Metrohaus faucet (as relayed in a recent post). I google-shopped and found the lowest price (~$321) at Home Perfect, and second-lowest (~$352) at Vintage Tub. A casual glance at the google Seller Ratings seemed like a near-wash (4 stars for HP, 4.5 for VT). But I delved a little deeper, and devised a metric: I added up the number of 4+5 star ratings, and divided that by the sum of 1+2 stars. (I figured that 3 is neutral, 1 or 2 is unsatisfactory and 4 or 5 is satisfactory.) The ratio was strikingly different for the two. (I think it was 2.5 for HP and 7 for VT.) I had just had a bad experience with a lowball retailer for my undercabinet lights, and did not want to go through that again, so I decided to use Vintage Tub. Then I noticed that VT has a price-match program; they will match the lowest advertised price on a like item. So I got the faucet from the place with better ratings for the lower price. (BTW, the customer service at VT was excellent, really outstanding.)

Here is the kicker: today the faucet is being advertised at HomePerfect for $346. I guess my timing was pretty good!

Here is a link that might be useful: relevant Kitchens thread

Bookmark   July 18, 2012 at 11:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
allison0704

I helped DD2 research items for her MBath remodel. We ordered a vanity from VT&B. Arrived on time, as promised, but the backsplash was broken. Very nice when I called. Fairly quick replacement arrived - wrong size. Very nice when I called again. The next replacement was broken. :( Very nice again (talked to same guy last 2 times). Haven't received email on this replacement piece. Usually get an email that it's shipping.

We ordered her exposed shower and tub, along with sink faucets from another company - VT&B offered the company, but not the particular ones she wanted.

I would recommend them.

Bookmark   July 24, 2012 at 6:53PM
More Discussions
Am I the only one bothered by this?
Since Houzz took over, these forums have become a spam-infested...
aliceinwonderland_id
Culligan vs. Kinetico for very hard water
We just moved into a 3 year old house. The previous...
kate_ca
Grohe Ladylux Cafe Touch Faucet
Does anyone have this faucet, and if so, do you like...
sharon_va
corrosion seen on hot water shutoff valves
I was repairing a minor leak in the kitchen faucet...
jastrong5
Culligan HE vs Kinetico Premier vs Fleck
Hi, After doing some research regarding the above water...
blessedmomof4
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™