Large Propane tank Installation
Hello all. I am looking at installing a 100lb propane tank at my home mainly to be used to run my generator in case of a hurricane. I live in SFLA so readiness is key. I have a portable generator which will be converting to propane. So I called one of my local propane companies and they want to charge an arm and a leg just to perform the install. The tank alone they want to charge well over $600 which is ridiculous. So I asked if I installed the tank myself per code would they service/refill and they said yes. From what I already know this is what I have to do:
1. Placement of tank must be 10 feet from any electrical source, 3 feet from window. So I have decided to place the tank in the far corner of my home, behind the shed which is way beyond 10 feet from an electrical source and from any window
2. I know I have to use galvanized piping
3. Fast release connector at the end (not sure the correct terminology)
Now here are my questions:
1. Do I need to use any type of regulator for such connection? If so what kind?
2. What size piping is needed?
3. Anything else that I am missing?
Any help or info greatly appreciated. Thanks again