Would this now be considered normal? Faucet levers with 'play'

anajaneJuly 26, 2012

I'm in middle of bath remodel, and plumber just installed Grohe Eurosmart series faucet with lever handles. We've noticed some 'play' in the lever when we turn on/off. Plumber mentioned that there is a plastic sleeve inside the housing that can't be tightened any more than what it is.

He also mentioned that his faucet [Grohe Arden series]doesn't have the 'play' that ours has, and it also doesn't have that plastic part. Has anyone any experience with this? My worry is that the plastic will wear down - and I will have a problem bigger than just handles with 'play'.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
homebound

Yes, it's certainly possible with the plastic piece but I would call Grohe customer service to discuss.

Although Grohe is considered "high end", I've come across some really annoying design quirks with some of their stuff. On one job I had a shower mixer that was installed perfectly level. So you would think the handle would then be perfectly vertical when installed. Nope. With their threading I had the choice of having it "too far" or "not enough". That's just one example of many.

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 7:32AM
More Discussions
Am I the only one bothered by this?
Since Houzz took over, these forums have become a spam-infested...
aliceinwonderland_id
Pulldown sprayer leaking
My Moen pulldown faucet (with Reflex Technology!) was...
ginny20
Trying to verify gas pipe size
I am installing a new natural gas range and oven, and...
hoolabob
De-winterize, re-winterize...costs?
My 24 yr old son is buying a 1950 home on a short sale...
cindywhitall
LaToscana Novello Thermostatic Shower Valve
Trouble with LaToscana Novello Shower Valve- no hot...
bathroomblues1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™