Feral kitty progress

schoolhouse_gwOctober 1, 2011

I don't think I'll be calling her "feral kitty" much longer, more like "my other cat". I've been gradually working up to this point for weeks. She's been coming in tentatively but just on the threshold to be petted and then yesterday and last night came in a little further, wrapping around my legs wanting some attention. The inside door is always open though so she can see the screen door and know she's not trapped. She's probably realizing it isn't so bad to come out of the rain?

This morning I experimented and put the dry food down - she walked over and ate some! This afternoon, just awhile ago, I tried it again with her canned food; and she ate the whole thing. Maybe I won't have to worry about feeding her outside in the wind and snow this winter after all, that was my goal anyway.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jomuir

Well things are progressing nicely!
I bet on the cool nights she'll be ready to stay in for you.
Great pics too.

Bookmark   October 1, 2011 at 4:06PM
homebodymom

Sooo great to see! Congrats to BOTH of you :~)

Bookmark   October 1, 2011 at 7:12PM
schoolhouse_gw

I took a better photo of her sitting up against the inside door there on the left, but it won't transfer to my computer with the rest of them for some reason. Shows how comfortable she's getting with coming in.

As far as her staying in over night, I suppose I would have to get a litter box. That's something I haven't had for years. Kitty never had one all the time he was growing up and has only made a mistake in the house three or four times in 12yrs. Hard to believe, but true. I'm thinking it's because he's spent so much time outside/inside. What's the chances Pretty would housebreak herself I wonder?

Bookmark   October 1, 2011 at 7:27PM
cynthia_gw

Pretty is HOME! Those pictures say it all. Cats always use the litter boxes. She will self train if you just show her where it is.

Bookmark   October 1, 2011 at 7:34PM
More Discussions
My cat won't eat or drink
My cat Shonen stopped eating and drinking 3 weeks ago...
andrea_san_diego
Housetrained dog having accidents in the house!
My dog is about 2 and 1/2 years old and is housetrained...
bookworm_2007
My cat has an unknown illness! Help!!!!
Hi There I have a 14 and a half year old male cat Sylvester...
rachelmfi
Dog training human.....
I am an intermittent dog trainer. I worked hard at...
agmss15
Suddenly lost use of rear legs.
My 6 year old Golden suddenly lost use of his rear...
jgatty
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™