New shower, confused about valves....

qt314bJuly 20, 2011

I am redoing my bath and want to put in a new bath/ shower combo. What I want is a bath filler faucet, Rainshower head, handheld showerhead on a bar so it can be used as a regular shower head and 2 bodysprays. I want a thermostatic valve that has 2 knobs one for temp and one for volume, I figure I need a diverter? What else do I need. - I am not installing a plumber is but I need to make all the decisions.

One more question the plumber said there is nothing that can be done but I am hoping he is wrong. The bathroom is a distance from the hot water heater so it takes a min or two for the hot water to reach the tub - is there anything I can do to speed it up? what is a recirculating loop?

Thanks for any help you can give me. I have been searching i nthe bathroom section here and found lots of information - so I have bits and pieces but still can't get the whole puzzle put together

Thanks, rachel

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
geller

Rachel,

The simplest solution is to have one thermostatic mixer feeding into four volume control knobs - one for each output. You can then have them on individually or in combination.

We installed a hot-water return to recirculate the water on a timer and it's great - there is absolutely no delay.

Bookmark   July 21, 2011 at 3:05PM
More Discussions
Can we bypass old hot water heater?
Any reason we can't bypass and then remove this old...
shellking
Pulldown sprayer leaking
My Moen pulldown faucet (with Reflex Technology!) was...
ginny20
shower problem....can someone give me a clue?
My hot water plumbing JUST started acting "wonky."...
bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz
New under mount sink - drain off-center?
I had a new granite countertop installed with an under...
mike_lee2
Septic tank and question on the "Sponge"
I have a septic tank that when last pumped out had...
big_al_41
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™