separate pressure regulator for sprinkler?

fenstonJuly 15, 2013

Pressure from the city is 120psi (1" line). I have a single pressure regulator that currently feeds both the house and the sprinkler / outside water. When the sprinkler system and/or outside water is on the pressure noticeably drops inside the house. If I tee off the 120psi line into two pressure regulators I'm thinking that the pressure drop would no longer occur inside the house since that 120psi would feed two 60psi circuits (3/4" line). I suspect I may not be analyzing this correctly which is why I ask. I have to rework the plumbing in that area so researching in advance. Is my thinking here correct? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Your thinking is correct but the pressures sound high.

    Bookmark   July 15, 2013 at 6:23PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Yes - just rechecked my inspection report. Input pressure is between 100 and 110PSI. Was remembering incorrectly.

    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 12:37AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

you might also think about a PRV with a larger flow rate.

    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:22AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Investigating a 1" PRV with a higher flow rate to replace the one I have. Any suggested models? It seems like it may be less costly to have two lower flow rate PRVs vs a single higher flow rate PRV.

    Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 12:21AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Septic tank and question on the "Sponge"
I have a septic tank that when last pumped out had...
the dreaded frozen pipes...
Hello all, I hope someone out there can help me. I...
troubleshooting thermostatic valve for shower
troubleshooting thermostatic valve, no hot water and...
Rainfresh water filter leaks from top.
I have a Rainfresh water filter. It seems to be leaking...
Does reverse osmosis water corrode copper plumbing? The answer ..
The answer is YES. I did a very unscientific study...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™