What is this cylinder tank?

R0ss1899July 24, 2012

I'm troubleshooting a low flow rate problem on our well water system. Anyone know what this small cylinder is? The cylinder has a small drain hose and has no electronics. There are unions for removing the cylinder. The large cylinder is an iron (birm) filter. There is a pressure gauge on both sides of the small cylinder. The gauge before the cylinder jumps off the scale (over 100psi) when the pump cuts on then settles to 70psi when the pump is off. The other gauge acts as expected cutting the pump on at 40psi and off at 60psi. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It sounds like it's a sediment filter.
Is there a valve to open for the drain hose? Backwashing the filter until the rinsate runs clear could solve your problem.

    Bookmark   August 6, 2012 at 4:20PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Improving water pressure to outside spigot
I would like to improve the pressure and flow rate...
Salt-free water conditioning
Hi all, Considering installing a water softener in...
how to turn off dual water handle on kitchen valves
I need to turn off water to kitchen sink. We have...
Marble shower panels valve replacement :( !!!
We have a couple of bathrooms with a single handle...
Vamsi Kodavanty
Details of a new residential water service
I'm in the planning stages of replacement for my 55...
Sponsored Products
W Leather Lounge Chair in Red
$1,099.00 | LexMod
CandleAria Dakota Cream Dark Bronze Zig-Zag Chandelier
$840.00 | Bellacor
Florence Style Loft Wool Loveseat in Orange Tweed
$699.00 | LexMod
Woodland Trophy Floral Arrangement
$149.00 | FRONTGATE
Allure Patio Ceiling Fan by Quorum International
$187.00 | Lumens
Mocha and Stainless Steel Standard Series Patio Heater
$179.99 | zulily
Outdoor Lighting. LV18VRD Landscape Lighting Spot Light Low Voltage (12V) Convex
$73.09 | Home Depot
Fascination Three-Light Pendant in Nevada with Recycled Glass
$575.00 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™