Flow-tech Inline Water System recommendation

plantguyrbJuly 19, 2012

I just had a plumber recommend that I get a Flow-tech Inline Water System installed which runs $1845 (my house is about 1600 sq feet with 2 bathrooms). Apparently it works by inducing a low frequency electromagnetic signal thoughtout the entire house's plumbing system which reverses the charge on dissolved minerals in the water so they remain in suspension in water and don't cause lime and scale buildup in pipes, faucets, and appliances. It sounds like a pretty good deal as it doesn't have the challenges that a water softener system with salts would have and I can still use the hose to water my garden and not cause the plants any problmes. However, the technology seems new and I can't find any objective reviews on it. Do any of you have it or have experienced with the system? If so, what do you think about it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

This is a joke, right? Snake oil with a fancy name is still snake oil.

Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 8:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sailrj

I have a system on my house and my personal experience is that it does what it says it does. I'm an engineer by trade and the science behind physical water treatment is sound. The difference between the Flow-Tech system and other devices out their is that it works regardless of flow which make it consistent. I would recommend you try it. My plumber said theres a 1 year money back guarantee so what's the risk?

This post was edited by sailrj on Mon, Nov 18, 13 at 13:06

Bookmark   November 18, 2013 at 1:04PM
More Discussions
toilet flapper closes too fast
a 5 y.o. AS 4396 w/Fluidmaster guts. The flapper is...
fritzgarden
Water pressue and other plumbing issues (MULTIPLE ISSUES - LONG)
I have a couple plumbing issues in my house. Some background... Approximately...
gtrshop
the dreaded frozen pipes...
Hello all, I hope someone out there can help me. I...
kineala
shower problem....can someone give me a clue?
My hot water plumbing JUST started acting "wonky."...
bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz
Am I the only one bothered by this?
Since Houzz took over, these forums have become a spam-infested...
aliceinwonderland_id
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™