cats, and a clean home?
We have two cats, we love them but one of the things is that our house look like a mess of dust and fur.
Currently, these are the problems we have faced.
- throw up on carpets, stains does not come out completely.
- leather sofa looked like hell not from scratching but the chasing and jumping on it.
- some wood tables and beautiful mantel has claw marks from jumping on or off
- hard flooring look streaky from mopping over dusty or clay litter.
- we have clutter due to lack of space, and cat hair is a problem.
- urinated many times on the gap of sofa cushions due to an urinary issue which is resolved for now.. scared of buying a new couch now.
We are moving from 1000 sq ft to 2500 sq ft, but I am trying to make our home more welcoming and not have tin foil over everything and paint drop cloth on the dining table.
We don't even use our sofa because of the foil, we do want some new furniture but looking for more pet friendly couch, we wanted a nice sectional but I hope it wouldn't be ruined by urine too soon.
I admit we were not diligent with keeping on top of the cleaning or brush their fur. We will be improvising the storage so there is nothing being left out in the open.
you see some problems I have is along with the claws, we have just tried to glue on those soft claws but now after 48 hours half of them has came off the front and hind legs. I think one of them is neurotic in trying to pull it off. We have scratching pads, post, cat tree. Sometimes they just like to run really fast and wrestle or bounce off the sofa.
I am looking for some tips, would an good air purifier cut down on the dander and clay dust and fur in the air?