Outdoor Planter Irrigation?

kkranzoJuly 10, 2011

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this...

I have two outdoor planters in the front of my house. We have just moved in and I am going to plant some flowers in the planters. However, I am trying to figure out what this pipe is (see photos below) that is in one of the beds.



Is it for some kind of watering? I can't find anywhere where it would turn on. Does anyone know what this is for?


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I don't recognize those fittings, they don't even have threads on them. I don't even see anything that indicates they are quick couples.

    Bookmark   July 28, 2011 at 6:12PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Looks like a vent of some sort. Do you have a floor drain in your basement that isn't tied to a vent stack? Or some sort of venting system for a crawl space?

    Bookmark   July 28, 2011 at 10:30PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Help with smelly well water
Just a little background. We bought a house 3 years...
Fire Sprinkler
Purchasing a home with an indoor fire sprinkler system....
Can we bypass old hot water heater?
Any reason we can't bypass and then remove this old...
Water Softener - calling justalurker
Hopefully you are still around. I had reached out a...
Trying to verify gas pipe size
I am installing a new natural gas range and oven, and...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™